APRIL HEALTH AND FITNESS CHALLENGE 2008

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: APRIL HEALTH AND FITNESS CHALLENGE 2008

Postby mango » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:16 pm

I just ate an entire large bag (like 9 ounces) of jalapeno potato chips and had a big glass on nonfat milk. :shock:
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:35 am

Mango, perhaps it's because your adrenaline is pumping that you needed it. At least it wasn't a massive bag of sugary donuts.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:25 am

Well, it was a family-size bag of potato chips. :oops: But thanks! Big news: I gave up the frosted mini-wheats for healthier cereals. Breakfast: multi-grain cereal w/ nonfat milk, 2 oz pomegranate juice Snack: none Lunch: raisin bran crunch w/ nonfat milk, coffee

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:40 pm

mango, you've been doing all that de-cluttering, so I'm not surprised by the eating. Today - ate very healthy, long walk, short ex - felt very tired today
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:02 pm

Snack: nonfat cherry yogurt, cinnamon scone Dinner: cabbage and shrimp lo mein, vanilla frozen yogurt w/ caramel sauce Snack: 1/2 bowl frosted mini-wheats w/ nonfat milk (finished them off). :D Exercise: 30 minute walk with the dog Several hours of decluttering and organizing

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:03 am

End of the month roundup - After a shaky start, the last few weeks have been very successful. First by using a pair of jeans as motivation, then because I had been so focused it was easy to continue even though the jeans were returned. Altering the computer position so I have to stand has also solved the big problem of sitting around too much and getting backache.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:43 am

Well done, Urs. Breakfast: multi-grain cereal w/ nonfat milk, 2 oz pomegranate juice, coffee Snack: none I made it through a major challenge yesterday. My typical routine is to eat something that I'm not supposed to (in this case, it was the McDonalds kids meal), and then crash completely because I made a bad decision (in this case, it was then the entire large bag of potato chips). The biggest challenge comes the next day, when I decide between treating the day before as a mistake and getting on with my new healthy habits, or falling into a hole and eating more junk. I thought about it for a long time yesterday, and then I decided that I didn't want to play that game anymore. It just takes longer to get back on track (because it triggers days to weeks of eating terribly and not exercising), and it negates any progress that I've made. It puts me right back where I started. So, I almost went to the store to buy more potato chips, but I cooked a healthy meal instead. :D

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:08 am

mango :D :D for your decision. Today - long walk, DIY, will do ex later, eating very healthy Are you pleased with this month?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:00 am

Urs, I don't think I have lost much weight (will weigh in officially tomorrow and then not again until June 1st), but I'm pleased with my mental progress. :D Also pleased with the changes in my grocery shopping habits, the fact that I've been sitting down for dinner most nights, and walking my dog every day. Lunch: ramen noodle soup, small piece Italian bread w/ peanut butter

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:55 am

I'm also pleased that I have got more active. After today's actions I dropped off asleep without realising 8) Just got the shock of my life when I realised the clock had moved on an hour! It's good that you have managed to achieve many things this month. Every time I see those noodles in the shops I think of you. I hope that May will carry on being productive.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:59 pm

Snack: (nonfat) peach yogurt, cinnamon scone Dinner: Mediterranean cod with brown rice and steamed corn, but the fish was too nasty to eat. :( Had dessert, though: (nonfat) vanilla frozen yogurt w/ (nonfat, sugar-free) caramel sauce About an hour later, I had a bowl of (multi-grain) cereal w/ (nonfat) milk Exercise: 30 minute walk with the dog Several hours of decluttering and organizing Thinking a lot about potato chips as I just got some really bad news.

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Thu May 01, 2008 2:27 am

mango are you ok? Although crisps might temporarily help they can get addictive.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Monthly Challenges