APRIL HEALTH AND FITNESS CHALLENGE 2008

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: APRIL HEALTH AND FITNESS CHALLENGE 2008

Postby Unity » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:36 am

Hi mango, I don't know why it's so blooming hard. Soon it will be 5 months since this thread started and I'm still practically in the same place :shock: I was just thinking about a possible trip I could make in the summer - one of those chance of a lifetime things as it will be meeting up with people I haven't seen in years but I could never dare turn up looking like this :evil: Need some sort of wide scarf to hide the chins :D
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:14 am

Oh, Urs. I feel like that too. It's a shame, isn't it? Think of all the potential good times that we miss out on. I hardly leave my house in the summer because I refuse to wear short sleeved t-shirts or shorts. :oops: Breakfast: frosted mini wheats w/ nonfat milk, 3 oz pomegranate juice, coffee Snack: none
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:25 am

What's wrong with t-shirts mango? I must admit I wear vests when it's hot but since my neck seems to have exploded I'm reconsidering it unless I wear a shirt with it. I do have to wear thin shorts under a skirt because of the leg rubbing. Oh my, what are we doing? I've got another clothes quandry too. Everything I've been buying lately is either too big or small. Two prs trousers have turned up from mail order, I especially ordered one a size smaller as I've got similar and I had to take them in twice. I'm a bit surprised as the pair is different than the ones I ordered, so tighter than expected. The 2nd pair fits really well but if I lose any weight will be too big and a style that can't be taken in. :roll: Yes mango, it would all be so much easier if we could shift those pounds. Today I stopped the programme -it was designed to be for 2 weeks only. I didn't lose anything. Walk, excs - finding them a real struggle but still doing it
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:52 pm

Urs, you should get Peter Walsh's book from the library. I suspect that it would put everything into perspective for you. Short sleeves for me = huge, jiggly arms for all the world to see. :oops: Lunch: ramen noodle soup, roast chicken and Swiss on wholewheat bread Snack: small nonfat mocha, cinnamon scone Didn't like the scone as much as usual because they put ICING on it. Yuck. I like a scone to be dry, and only mildly sweet. Dinner: pasta w/ turkey sausage and broccoli, low fat vanilla frozen yogurt w/ a dollop of nonfat, sugar free caramel sauce :D Exercise: 30 minute walk with my dog

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:27 am

After yesterday I've had a change of attitude in more ways than one and I think it's going to be easy now. EXcs, long walk
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:42 am

Urs!!! Share!!! Please!!! Breakfast: frosted mini wheats w/ nonfat milk, 2 oz pomegranate juice, coffee Snack: none

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:48 am

Hi mango, It's those trousers I mentioned the other day. I sent one pair back. Now the others are a smaller size than I normally buy because of my shape problems. For the last few years any trousers I tried on were ok at the waist and tops of thighs but tight round the tummy and looked awful as they all seem to be hipsters these days. These trousers are just below the waist and look really good but are tight to get on so I reckon that a few pounds loss will do the trick. I need to lose it asap as I might still be in the time frame to return them if I want. So, the motivation is very high - one pair of trousers that might actually look good :D This afternoon I've really been on the go - after returning from my walk, had lunch then started a large de-clutter project, side tracked into mowing the lawn and turned the garage upside down looking for some sandpaper which I need for another big outdoor project that I want to begin soon. Then I returned and did some more sorting. I'm just cooking the tea and I plan to return and finish it as it's strewn all over a bed upstairs. I think that my problem re motivation may have been because a long term goal can seem such a long way off. I don't want to have to return these trousers so I'm stepping up the activity. Also my back has been really playing up recently and I whenever I do a lot it feels much better! Have you got an outfit that you really want to wear soon?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:13 am

Yesterday I did something the equivalent of getting wisdom teeth pulled with pliers :D Stood on the scales. Do you feel like I do about getting weighed? Last night I did feel hungry but ate a bowl of lettuce, cucumber and celery. I'm hoping that by Monday I'll have lost something.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:26 am

Urs, I'm also frustrated with weighing. I worked like crazy and didn't eat much yesterday, and today I weigh more than I did last week! I just can't figure out a good schedule. Daily, to watch the fluctuations and see what influences them? Weekly? But what if the day you pick weekly is one of the 'up' days? That would surely demolish your motivation. Monthly? That's what the gurus say. I don't know. But I need to come up with something! Yesterday: Lunch: ramen noodle soup, roast chicken and Swiss on multigrain bread Snack: none Dinner: 2 slices homemade Hawaiian pizza, small amount low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt w/ 1 tsp nonfat, sugar-free caramel sauce Exercise: 30 minute walk with my dog 1 hour of yardwork 2 hours of moving furniture up and down stairs Today: Breakfast: frosted mini-wheats w/ nonfat milk, 2 oz pomegranate juice, coffee Snack: none

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:54 am

Are you ok after the furniture moving? I found today very easy again. Eating exceptionally healthy - those jeans are a massive motivation. Walk, exc, lots activity
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:42 am

On the scales this morning, lost something! Finally. Hard to see exactly how much as I didn't have my glasses but the pointer had moved in the right direction. Now I'm standing up at the computer instead of sitting, this should make a bit of a difference too I hope. Got the radio on and having a little dance. I think anyone reading this will wonder what is going on :D One thing I never mentioned, is in the last few weeks I seem to have acquired 'love handles' :evil: never understood what those were before.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:42 am

I have them too. :( Congrats on your weight loss! I lost a little bit too. Still haven't decided whether to weigh daily or monthly. Yesterday: Lunch: 1 slice homemade Hawaiian pizza, nonfat cherry yogurt Snack: none Dinner: tuscan bread soup, low fat vanilla frozen yogurt w/ a dollop of nonfat sugar-free caramel sauce Exercise: 30 minute walk with my dog I'm proud that since my husband has been away, I have cooked and had dinner at the table with my nephew every night. :) Today: Breakfast: frosted mini wheats w/ nonfat milk, 2 oz pomegranate juice, coffee Snack: none All of a sudden, I'm a person who rarely eats between meals. When did that happen?!

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:49 am

Hi mango, Is your weight loss anything to do with your husband being away? I know you mentioned the medication but it might be pressure too. Today I ate my days allocation before 2pm. No idea why but I was ravenous so if I'm hungry now will only eat lettuce, cucumber and celery. Didn't go for a walk as the main reason was to buy some wood stain for outside and found some in the garage. Plus I can't stand that my de-clutter project has got stuff all over the place upstairs so I'm plugging on with that. I've never known one to take so long - those stationery/art supplies :shock: about 4 days so far and a few more days needed. Excs done
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:57 am

Lunch: tuscan bread soup, pb and banana on Italian bread I think I could spend every day decluttering and organizing, doing financial stuff, eating well and exercising, reading, doing errands, and going on the occasional fun outing. Sounds like heaven to me.

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:28 pm

Snack: nonfat cherry yogurt Dinner: 3 small beef tacos w/ salsa and a tiny bit of shredded cheddar, low fat vanilla frozen yogurt w/a dollop of nonfat sugar-free caramel sauce Debating a cup of coffee. Exercise: 30 minute walk with my dog Several hours of backbreaking labor around the house :P

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges