APRIL HEALTH AND FITNESS CHALLENGE 2008

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: APRIL HEALTH AND FITNESS CHALLENGE 2008

Postby mango » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:59 pm

Trying out a recipe for low-sugar cherry lime jam. Sounds a bit weird, but it might be good on vanilla frozen yogurt! :D
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:59 am

How's it going, everyone? It's almost time for a new month. Maybe we will pick up some new members? Breakfast: frosted mini-wheats w/ nonfat milk, 2 oz pomegranate juice, coffee Snack: none

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:19 am

Lunch: 1 slice Hawaiian pizza, ramen noodle soup

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:55 pm

Hi mango, re new members - we can't be the only ones trying to lose weight - I wonder if it can be daunting to join for some people? I know that another forum I use there are people that read it for years but unable to get the nerve to post. If you are reading - you are all very welcome to join in at any time I have been exceptionally good with food today (especially as I ate out and normally have those small cakes and desserts on Sundays but didn't today), and can feel lighter. No ex yet and only a very short walk. But like yesterday, just standing up at the computer. I've decided to return the jeans. Even though they are looser at the tops of thighs and waist, I realised that if i lose more weight it would continue to look baggier in the wrong places. And they are not the type to be able to take in. In fact I'm wondering if they were the ones I ordered in the first place as they appear different than I imagined. Actually I'm relieved now I can continue this weight loss without worry about the jeans. Might even get to fit the tight ones at home - Tituba might not like it :D (re the de-cluttering books) but I've been saving some for years that don't fit
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:52 pm

Good point about the jeans, Urs. Made a decision about the weigh in thing. Will weigh in once a month, with the goal of losing 4 lbs per month. That makes about a year to my goal. I just can't deal with the day to day weighing because it doesn't seem to make sense, and weekly weighing doesn't seem to work for me either. If I do it only once monthly, I figure that I'll have 30 days of hopeful non-discouragement. :D Got to go to the ob/gyn for that dreadful time of year tomorrow (and try to stay incognito, as I am supposed to be out of the country). I always thought it would be nicer if they gave you a paper bag to put over your head when you went in there anyway. Snack: none Dinner: linguine w/tomato sauce and vegetables, vanilla frozen yogurt w/ cherry-lime jam (the jam is ghastly), coffee Exercise: 30 minute walk with my dog A few hours of moving stuff around :roll: About to do some more decluttering and sorting. My back is absolutely killing me because of the rainy weather, so had to lie down on the floor for a while. All of this ibuprofen is going to burn out my liver. Must talk to the doc about that next month.

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:26 pm

Went on a moving and decluttering binge right after dinner that lasted about 4 hours! :D

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:21 am

Hi mango, Perhaps you will lose more weight with the sorting than with normal excercise? I'm doing the reverse to you - going on the scales more often. I was feeling very dejected after those months of not losing anything. Did you make that jam?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:19 am

:evil: :evil: 2 bags if crisps later, don't feel any better. Still obsessing about that trip, even though there are many options now and just been given news that I need to do an unexpected home maintainance job which hadn't been planned or budgeted for. And I can't get yesterday's difficult encounter out of my mind, it's on a loop LOL One of those days.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:00 am

Urs, we are psychically connected somehow. I'm in panic attack Day 2. Sorry you are having one of those days. All that work, and I weigh more today than I did yesterday. And I go to bed hungry every night and haven't had a snack in ages, and I cook and eat only healthy stuff! :bash: If that doctor doesn't tell me that my thyroid isn't working right, I just might slap her. :P Breakfast: frosted mini-wheats w/ nonfat milk, 2 oz pomegranate juice, coffee

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:03 am

I suspect when I'm 80 I will suddenly lose 40 lbs and say 'Oh, that must be from back in 2008'. :roll:

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:01 am

mango, that's funny. Finally I'm getting my thyroid scan on Friday. Today - more active, walk, excs later, apart from the crisps, ate very healthily
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:19 am

I'll bet you five (virtual) dollars that it will come back abnormal, Urs. You should be losing tons of weight with all of the exercise that you get. Snack: none Lunch: ramen noodle soup, roast chicken and Swiss on multi-grain bread

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:27 pm

Snack: none Dinner: :oops: McDonalds kids meal (cheeseburger, small fries, small diet Coke) I know I shouldn't have rewarded myself with food, but I got through the icky doctor's appointment, had a little breakdown, talked to my shrink, and figured out what to do next re: my medications. I deserved a treat. Unfortunately, the only decidedly good tasting part was the diet Coke. :evil: Exercise: 30 minute walk with my dog

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:54 pm

It's not like you're going to eat them every day for breakfast lunch and dinner -hopefully :D And you did survive all those medical professionals too so why not have a treat.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:34 pm

Thanks, Urs! :D Exercise: 3 hours of decluttering

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges