MAY HEALTH AND FITNESS CHALLENGE

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: MAY HEALTH AND FITNESS CHALLENGE

Postby mango » Sun May 04, 2008 8:53 am

Breakfast: multi-grain cereal w/ nonfat milk, cranberry-pomegranate juice, coffee Snack: none
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sun May 04, 2008 12:08 pm

mango wrote:Exercise: 2 hours of house cleaning
Your house must be getting very clean and tidy after all that work lately. Today - very short walk. Eating small cakes and dessert as I was out (as usual) on a Sunday. I was my most inactive today and my back is hurting the worst all week so there is definitely a connection. I must admit after initial enthusiasm the doctor's excercises have fallen by the wayside. I usually do them once daily but I'm supposed to do them AT LEAST twice.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sun May 04, 2008 1:49 pm

Lunch: small protein shake, pb&j on multi-grain bread Snack: none Exercise: Many hours of housework. :roll:

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Cha! » Sun May 04, 2008 3:17 pm

Hi Unity & Mango, I think I'd like to join this thread also if you don't mind. I used to be in great shape but school and taking time to be my mother's 24/7 caregiver really took its toll on me and diverted me from my path. I want to lose weight, get in shape, feel better and just be healthier. This month I'm going to focus on increasing exercise, increasing fruit & veggie consumption, drinking more water daily and getting more and better quality rest. I'm going to finish my cleaning right now and then take a nice walk!
Cha!
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby mango » Sun May 04, 2008 4:38 pm

Welcome, Cha! Dinner: pb&j on multi-grain bread, ramen noodle soup Exercise: More hours of housework 30 minute walk with my dog

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Mon May 05, 2008 8:21 am

Hi Cha, good to see you. Out most of the day but not walking. Ate half a soft icecream and half a large plate of scampi and chips (gave the rest away) You know when things going wrong can make you feel angry and sabotage? Well I don't feel like eating but no interest in excercises even though I had to sit on a cushion all afternoon as my back was bad.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon May 05, 2008 9:03 am

Sorry to hear that, Urs! Yesterday: 1 light beer nonfat, sugar-free caramel sauce right from the jar :oops: Many more hours of housework (I think I was possessed) Today: Breakfast: Raisin Bran w/ nonfat milk, cranberry/pomegranate juice, coffee Snack: none

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon May 05, 2008 4:16 pm

Lunch: small protein shake, pb&j on multi-grain bread Snack: none Dinner: turkey sloppy joe on sesame seed bun, vanilla frozen yogurt w/ caramel sauce Exercise: Huge grocery shopping trip Hopefully, more hours of housework and sorting to follow.

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon May 05, 2008 8:23 pm

Yes, indeed. Several more hours of house cleaning.

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Tue May 06, 2008 2:21 pm

Mango, you passed something onto me. Spent the afternoon working outside then I walking for 2 hours and went straight onto gardening, then did some vacuuming so it was 7pm when I finally got indoors. And did the excercises too. Felt brilliant too. Far cry from the weekend when I nearly drove myself insane worrying about something that has cropped up. One of those 'get a suitcase and run away' sort of situations.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Tue May 06, 2008 2:24 pm

Yay, Urs! But sorry about the situation that has popped up. Breakfast: multi-grain cereal w/ nonfat milk, cranberry/pomegranate juice, coffee Snack: none Lunch: pb&j on multi-grain bread, nonfat strawberry yogurt Snack: none Dinner: tex-mex chicken and beans, nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt w/ caramel sauce Exercise: Errands Hiding out as I'm still supposed to be out of the country, and my husband's ex-fling's boyfriend (who works where I work) has just moved in round the corner. :bash: :evil:

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Tue May 06, 2008 6:28 pm

Exercise: 30 minute walk with the dog A few hours of yard work and house cleaning

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed May 07, 2008 2:46 am

How much longer do you have to stay home mango? I remember leaving a job without notice giving the excuse that because it was martial law in my country so I had to help aid supplies. Actually my father was doing it so I sounded convincing. Years later I was invited to one of their Xmas dinners and everyone was talking about my unusual departure and I had totally forgotten what I'd said. LOL
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Wed May 07, 2008 7:28 am

That's hilarious, Urs! I'll be back in the country on Friday. :oops: Breakfast: multi-grain cereal w/ nonfat milk, cranberry/pomegranate juice, coffee Snack: none

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed May 07, 2008 10:21 am

Hi mango, So you liked my story? I remember one guy saying he didn't know how i had the nerve to turn up for the dinner after the way I left - really left everyone in the lurch. The real truth was that I went abroad for an adventure but didn't know until the last minute if I was going or not so couldn't give a month's notice. Plus I really liked that place and would have felt dreadful working out the month knowing I was leaving. Have you thought about ways to motivate you job wise in the next few months? Today - too much outside DIY again and overdid it snacking - none
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges