MAY HEALTH AND FITNESS CHALLENGE

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: MAY HEALTH AND FITNESS CHALLENGE

Postby mango » Mon May 19, 2008 6:29 pm

I joined the YMCA today! :D It looks like a really nice facility, and they offer lots of different activities. Tomorrow, I will attend my first class: yoga! Breakfast: multi-grain cereal w/ nonfat milk, cranberry/pomegranate juice, coffee Snack: none Lunch: roast chicken and Swiss on honey oat bagel, banana Snack: nonfat raspberry yogurt Dinner: fettucine w/ white beans and leeks, vanilla frozen yogurt w/ caramel sauce Exercise: 30 minute walk with husband and dog 30 minute walk around the YMCA (trying to find my car) 1 lap around campus Urs, what are twiglets?
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Tue May 20, 2008 10:01 am

Hi mango, Lots of excercise for you from now on it looks like. twiglets - they really do look like twigs and are have a yeasty savoury coating. Do they have them where you live? Last night - some excs today - long walk, excs later
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed May 21, 2008 9:08 am

Got up ridiculously early and did some excercises but after that complete uninterest in my usual walks etc. How are you doing mango?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Thu May 22, 2008 10:23 am

long walk, hopefully some exs later
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sat May 24, 2008 6:28 pm

You're doing great, Urs (as usual). I'm ready to get back on track. As I mentioned in another post, I'm going to stop cooking. The new house motto is 'fend for yourself'. I will stock the house with healthy foods, and everyone can go from there. It's going to save me a ton of time and energy. I'm going to try to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks, drink a ton of water, take my medications and vitamins, and get to the gym almost every day. Plus the requisite house cleaning and yard work, of course. We'll see how it goes. I hope you're up for continuing in June, Urs! :D

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sun May 25, 2008 3:02 am

Hi mango, glad to see you back. Yes, I'm carrying on in June. Even though progress is slow at least something is being done. And just knowing about the threads is enough to ensure that i don't stop. mango, I never plan menus - I can see why you will be happier not doing that.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sun May 25, 2008 5:47 pm

I did alright today! Breakfast: 2 slices multi-grain toast w/ 2 cheddar cheese sticks, cranberry/pomegranate juice, coffee Snack: coffee Lunch: pb&j on multi-grain bread Snack: pb&j on multi-grain bread Dinner: Tex-Mex chicken and beans Exercise: 1 hour of yoga at the Y 30 minute walk with the dog several hours of housework/organizing/decluttering

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon May 26, 2008 7:27 pm

Not sure that I remember what I ate today... Breakfast: multi-grain cereal w/ nonfat milk, coffee Snack: coffee Lunch: pb&j on multi-grain bread, 1 cheddar cheese stick Snack: none Dinner: pb&j sandwich on multi-grain bread, 2 cheddar cheese sticks, vanilla frozen yogurt w/ caramel sauce Snack: green tea Exercise: 30 minute walk with the dog Several hours of cleaning and decluttering/organizing

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Fri May 30, 2008 11:57 am

Hi mango, I've been eating really healthy and excercising like mad. I can see that you are still very active too. Also discovered why my back problem was getting progressively worse even though I was excercising and no longer sitting at the computer but standing instead. I could kick myself as it's down to a very similar reason that I couldn't walk some years back. When I used to sit at the comp as it's a cramped space I got into the habit of putting my left leg up against the wall. Then when the back got bad I started standing but putting my left leg on the chair. My left side and hip were really bad and the other day when I decided to run upstairs 2 steps at a time I nearly collapsed as my leg gave way. Suddenly I remembered that years ago something similar happened when I used to sit in a yoga position for hours, with the left leg bent. :bash: :bash: Thank goodness it's getting better as I was getting really scared as I knew that I had to find some sort of job before long yet I couldn't sit down :D .
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sat May 31, 2008 1:59 pm

All that work in May, and I lost 1.5 lbs. :( Must work harder, I guess.

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sat May 31, 2008 8:43 pm

I think I will change my style in June. I'm reading 'Breaking Free From Emotional Eating' by Geneen Roth (brilliant), and she suggests keeping track of what you eat and noting whether or not you were actually hungry (you rate your hunger on a scale of 1 to 10). And by hungry, she means stomach growling and the whole deal. Exercise: 30 minute walk with the dog See you in June!

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sat May 31, 2008 8:45 pm

Avoided using one of the credit cards for a difficult situation. :D They've been locked up in a safe deposit box since January sometime, and we haven't used them once. Paid more bills. Transferred money from PayPal (eBay sales). See you in June!

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:58 pm

Well done mango for hiding the credit cards and losing some weight, however small. I'm waiting until after my Dr visit later this week to get on the scales. Hope I get something for the thyroid. But I do feel slimmer.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Monthly Challenges