MAY CLUTTER/TO DO LIST CHALLENGE

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: MAY CLUTTER/TO DO LIST CHALLENGE

Postby Unity » Fri May 30, 2008 12:06 pm

Roundup - got rid of procrastination TOTALLY this week and did everything imaginable that normally I'd be putting off, phone calls galore, getting things fixed. Very weird week facing my worst fears - BIRDS!!!! I had 8 of them over a week and I'm still sleeping downstairs :? on the sofa as one got under my divan king size bed and talk about a fiasco LOL. Plus the window handles broke and a close relative in hospital so it really has been a facing reality with a hard bump sort of week. However, you need to see the positive side - my bedroom has been de-cluttered to an inch of it's life after the bird saga :D Cha, there's a lot of work for you with that house. summerbreeze - the new threads are up if you want to join in Tituba - so you like chocolate chip cookies then? Mango - are you keeping up with personal care?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Cha! » Sat May 31, 2008 8:38 am

Hi everyone: ****** WARNING: A BIT OF A RANT IS FORTHCOMING!! ******** Well, after weeks of promises from my neighbor that we'd have our yard sale this weekend so I could get rid of the 13 boxes of stuff I've gathered up, we are NOT having our yard sale. She did nothing to prepare her garage until I strongly questioned her late yesterday afternoon (after bugging her all week, reminding her that I was off work and could help organize stuff.) My neighbors "dumpster dives", which means she drives around and picks up other people's trash and resells it. She stores it in her garage which is jam-packed full of this stuff. Her son, who lives with her, also has a bunch of stuff in the garage. When I suggested we first move his stuff out so we could move around, set up tables, etc., she said no, it was his responsibility. I said ... "but he's not here and this stuff in in our way" ... and she wouldn't budge. I do not want to get into their domestic squabble! I just want to clean out my house!! :bash: I don't have enough for a sale of my own, unfortunately. So I've decided to box up all of my lesser-amount items and donate them. I'm sick of looking at this stuff and just want to get the house cleaned out so I can move out and move on! Thanks for letting me rant! Back to work! :)
Cha!
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Unity » Sat May 31, 2008 12:53 pm

Hi Cha, You must be seriously annoyed. I bet you were pacing around all week waiting for signs of activity. 13 boxes of your stuff sounds a lot - not enough for a sale alone then?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sat May 31, 2008 1:58 pm

Hi Urs and Cha, Glad that you are keeping on. Sounds like you've both had some hurdles lately. I have too. Hoping to move onward! Decided to let my husband start doing his own laundry. Sold 3 items on eBay (one for my nephew). Took a few days off work to sort through some mental clutter. Scheduled another VVA pick-up. Cleaned out the cupboards of all cooking ingredients and tossed or gave away. Collected a pile of stuff to sell. Sold a bunch of books on Amazon. I'm going to try to switch from my current job to a less demanding job in the same field/same location. Will let you know how that goes. It would pay more, and it would free up some much needed mental energy, but it would shake the place up big time.
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sat May 31, 2008 8:40 pm

It's still May here... I can't wait for June! I measured the eBay item that I need to re-box and mail tomorrow. I cleaned the items that I sold for my nephew and got them ready to mail. I measured the electronics that I want to recycle so that I will know which size recycling box to purchase. I took pictures of four more items to list for sale. I listed those four items for sale on eBay. I got through most of the daily checklist and some of the weekly/monthly tasks. See you in June! :D
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Cha! » Sat May 31, 2008 9:17 pm

one last note for this month ... my #1, #2 and #3 goal going forward is to get this house ready to sell and sell it as quickly as possible. As you know, I've spent years and years cleaning this out and after a counter-productive week of "vacation" in which I planned to get a lot done around the house, I HAVE HAD IT!!! No longer will I spend my time away from work puttzing around a house I don't even want to be in! No longer will I put my life on hold and seriously limit my employment and social opportunities just to stay in a house I don't even want to be in!! I had a major breakthrough today, well kind of a break down and then breakthrough. Since there will never be a "perfect" time to sell, I'm going to get this moving now. If it takes a while to sell, so be it. Maybe it won't - who knows?!?! The only thing I know for sure is that I am no longer going to squander my time as I have for so long. Today I gathered up a big bag of trash for Monday's pickup and started a bag for charity which I will drop off when I run errands on Tuesday night which takes me right past the drop-off. Thanks for letting me have a "rant day". I do feel a little better. Here's to a great new month for all of us! Cha!
Cha!
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Unity » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:03 pm

Cha - hope you start feeling a lot better after making that decision. mango - you must have a lot of patience for getting your things ready for ebay sales. Me- still sleeping downstairs until the outside hole will be blocked (birds) I keep imagining I hear them although there is nothing around.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Monthly Challenges