MAY CLUTTER/TO DO LIST CHALLENGE

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: MAY CLUTTER/TO DO LIST CHALLENGE

Postby Tituba » Mon May 26, 2008 12:08 am

Did some research on the internet for companies who develop old film.
Oh, please let me know what you find. Just yesterday I was thinking about a big box of old Brownie 2 l/4" negatives my grandmother left me. I want to develop them so I can tell whether to toss them or not. Or convert them to PC so I can then look at them. I don't want to spend alot of money doing this as most of them are probably not going to be kept
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon May 26, 2008 6:37 am

Tituba, I just sent an e-mail to one of the companies and will let you know what I hear back.
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon May 26, 2008 8:31 am

Listed 12 books for sale on Amazon and came up with a pile for the charity box. I'm planning to start using the library, so I'm going to be ruthless with my book collection. :D

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon May 26, 2008 10:13 am

Gathered a pile of stuff to be listed on eBay. Found a little gift to send to my mother-in-law to help her moving process, and another gift for her housewarming when she gets here. Sorted through three magazines, ripped out what I wanted, then recycled them.

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon May 26, 2008 11:53 am

Ordered Peter Walsh's book, 'It's All Too Much' (used) from Barnes and Noble for $6.88 delivered (usually $14.00). :D Hoping that will help as I sort through memorabilia (maybe even husband's memorabilia).

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon May 26, 2008 3:20 pm

Sorted through box of memorabilia and cut it down by about half. This has generated several more 'some day' projects: - put photos in albums - make wedding scrapbook - copy some photos for family and friends - transfer a few cassettes to CD - get wedding video transferred from VHS to DVD - decide what to do with a few odds and ends - figure how to clean an old doll and a well-loved teddy bear Must head off to work to check on something (I'm on call). I hope to take some pictures of more stuff to sell when I get back.

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Mon May 26, 2008 4:31 pm

Ordered Peter Walsh's book, 'It's All Too Much' (used) from Barnes and Noble for $6.88 delivered (usually $14.00). Hoping that will help as I sort through memorabilia (maybe even husband's memorabilia).
Oh, yes. It is such a good book. Let me know what you think of it. I got alot out of it and I really started handling my clutter differently.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon May 26, 2008 7:23 pm

I can't wait for it to arrive. Thanks for the glowing endorsement. Took the hard drive and an old floppy disk to work to see if the IT folks can help me. Surely one of them does some freelancing. Took two magazines to work to give away.

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon May 26, 2008 7:28 pm

Forgot to mention that I got through the daily housecleaning checklist. I'm going to make another one for personal care, etc.

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Cha! » Mon May 26, 2008 8:25 pm

Wow, Mango, you are on fire! I have almost 1/2 of the stuff out of the attic. Getting the attic cleared out is one of my goals for the week. I gathered a large garbage bag of Tupperware that has been washed and marked for sale. Also got several other items marked for sale. And I did my normal housework. Tomorrow I plan to prepare some areas for painting (another goal for the week) and continue working in the attic. I already have another pile of cardboard and paper to take the recycle center on Saturday! :)
Cha!
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Cha! » Wed May 28, 2008 8:08 pm

Relatively unproductive day, which is okay since I'm supposed to be on vacation. I began my paining project and went through more boxes of stuff. I priced more cds for sale and will work on the VHS tapes I plan to get rid of. I've also tackled a little of the paper that I have to go through. I am having a hard time continuing and am not sure I'm going to meet my goals for the week. But, part of me thinks I am pushing myself too hard and that maybe taking some time away from this would be a good thing. I am pretty desperate to get this stuff done.
Cha!
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Tituba » Thu May 29, 2008 6:06 am

Took the hard drive and an old floppy disk to work to see if the IT folks can help me.
Make a huge plate of chocolate chip cookies for the IT folks to thank them.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Cha! » Thu May 29, 2008 8:37 pm

Went through several boxes from the attic. Marked several items for sale and packed the items I plan to keep in an organized manner. Tomorrow I plan to get back to my painting work and also mark some tools for sale. Unity & Mango - I hope you're both doing well and having a productive week.
Cha!
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Unity » Fri May 30, 2008 1:48 am

Hi everyone, I've been reading the various Challenge threads but don't have time to post this week.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby summerbreeze » Fri May 30, 2008 8:01 am

Hi Unity, hi mango, I am still pretty new here and would like to join you guys re the June Clutter To Do list. Since I am looking at a huge backlog of paper clutter it would be great if other paper hoarders out there wanted to join...since i am not clear about my goals, I keep all my papers related to different activities thinking that "one day i will choose" but then all the paper piles get me down! So i am looking at decluttering papers along with clarity re goals... help! can you please tell me where i might post a thread?? Thanks!!!! cathy
summerbreeze
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges