MAY FINANCIAL LIST CHALLENGE

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: MAY FINANCIAL LIST CHALLENGE

Postby Unity » Fri May 09, 2008 1:46 am

HI everyone, Sounds as though your husband is approachable about extra jobs mango. I just received a call from the insurers, looks as though everything will go ok as soon as the police claim number comes through. Cha - what type of jobs are you looking for?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Fri May 09, 2008 9:25 pm

That's great, Urs! I can't think of anything financial that I accomplished today. Oh, wait. Filled out two surveys and received 7 free movie rentals from Blockbuster. Didn't get a cinnamon scone when I went to Barnes & Noble. The nephew is turning 21 on Monday, and I will be making his favorite meal and picking him up a key lime pie. Much cheaper than going out to eat at a fancy restaurant. :D
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sat May 10, 2008 4:03 am

That's a lot of free stuff. That pie sounds nice. I'm a bit dismayed (but really shouldn't be surprised ) that my dining table is covered in papers again and the filing piles upstairs are nice and healthy. I'm going to have to chase the police claim numbers, still not arrived. I suppose if we all lived in one room only, life would be easier clutter wise??
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Cha! » Sat May 10, 2008 12:25 pm

Unity, I'm I writer. I work a part-time job (4 days a week) right now and am thinking of taking on another part-time job or else I'll be looking for a full-time position. I finally received my economic stimulus check so I sent in another payment to my mutual fund and IRA accounts. I'm not much of a shopper, so I hope the country is not planning on my spending habits to bail us out of our economic slump! :?
Cha!
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby mango » Sat May 10, 2008 7:55 pm

Hmmm. Planning to save money by cooking my nephew's birthday dinner, but I treated us all to Mexican tonight (and ice cream afterwards). Not very frugal. Deposited a cheque from a friend for the pet meds that I ordered for her (I get a big discount). She is a single mother without a job, and it felt really good to help her out.

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sun May 11, 2008 5:42 am

Thanks for the explanation Cha. Mango - hope you all enjoyed that meal. The nearest I have to Mexican is eating tortillas with jam :D Your friend must have been really pleased with the discount. I've been putting off adding a note to a form all week. Mainly because the question is strange and I've already mucked up the form with some crossings out to do with it. I must post it tomorrow. Just opened a letter and had to make a phone call. I forgot it was Sunday. In a minute I need to do some other things I've been putting off. I hate procrastination. Like I said on one of the other thread, I blame the heat and wobbly thighs :D I advertised a book in a classified newspaper. When I get the chance I'll find more things.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sun May 11, 2008 12:48 pm

Had a very odd financial conversation. I had to delete it as I was rambling away and probably no-one would understand what it was about :D Bizarre that's all I can say. And I'm a bit concerned what the implications could be for me.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sun May 11, 2008 5:46 pm

Urs, I hope the bizarre conversation turns out okay. Planned the week's menu and did my frugal grocery shopping today. Picked up the pie at the bakery for my nephew's birthday dinner, and it cost $18. :bash: Heading back to work tomorrow after 3 weeks off on a mental health break, and I've been having panic attacks about it all day. :(

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Mon May 12, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi everyone, How much do cakes normally cost then mango? Was it a really fancy version? Good luck for tomorrow :D Only thing I did was post the form I was stuck on last week. As we say over here I can't get my head into gear after that conversation yesterday. It's completely thrown me into confusion. (so what's new? LOL) I'm thinking of visiting the citizen's advice bureau on Friday I'll see if I feel like it. I'm getting into procrastination mode from hearing too much information at once.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Tue May 13, 2008 9:24 am

NEW TO-DO LIST 1. insurance claim 2. check out benefits re bad back 3. citizens advice bureau 4. work out possible budget for a year 5. free solicitor appt or ask at CAB
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Tue May 13, 2008 6:11 pm

My head is also not in gear, if it makes you feel better to have company! Nothing new on the financial front, except that I figured out how much money I make each day that I go to work. I also decided to use some work time (when I'm finished for the day and have 3 more hours to get through without losing my mind) to work on my business stuff, and to get my daily exercise in by doing laps around the campus. I have to go to different buildings several times a day anyway, and it's a pastoral setting, so I can do a loop right around without looking like a complete dork.

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Cha! » Tue May 13, 2008 7:34 pm

I attended a free seminar about buying a home tonight. It was kind of a waste of time but I did get a little bit of info from it. I will be attending a session on saving for retirement on Thursday. I have been saving for retirement for years but the session is free and you never know when you might learn something useful.
Cha!
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Unity » Wed May 14, 2008 10:44 am

Hello Cha and Mango, Cha- was there any free food or drink at the talk? :D You never know when that information might come in use. Have you been to that feng shui one yet? Mango - good you can combine work and excercise. Looking forward to hearing about 'that' conversation with your husband. Actually that was the topic of my bizarre one the other day. Must sort out my FS money corner as astronomical bill has just arrived (3 months late) re that conversation where I was very angry last week. Plus more bad news - remember I kept mentioning that advice centre with all the dramas?? They forgot to mention something very important when I asked about backdated allowance. Mind you, so did the benefit agency as well when I phoned them at the start. Now it looks as though I'm going to have to involve the woman that I gave a talking to on the phone last week Grrrrr. So not certain if I will get any money or not from the allowance :evil: :evil: Tomorrow I need to go through the bank statement and double check her figures (re the large bill) and ask her nicely to do something for me re the allowance.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed May 14, 2008 10:51 am

NEW TO-DO LIST 1. insurance claim 2. check out benefits re bad back 3. citizens advice bureau 4. work out possible budget for a year 5. free solicitor appt or ask at CAB ASAP A. double check figures B. phone re above if incorrect C.tell her about the allowance form needed D. pay bill when figures correct
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Thu May 15, 2008 8:10 am

NEW TO-DO LIST 1. insurance claim - PROMISED EMAIL DIDN'T TURN UP HOPE TO GET THE INFOR TONIGHT 2. check out benefits re bad back 3. citizens advice bureau 4. work out possible budget for a year 5. free solicitor appt or ask at CAB ASAP A. double check figures - DONE B. phone re above if incorrect - DONE C.tell her about the allowance form needed -DONE D. pay bill when figures correct
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges