JUNE HEALTH AND FITNESS THREAD

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: JUNE HEALTH AND FITNESS THREAD

Postby Unity » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:36 am

Hi everyone, Still doing the usual walks and instead of the excercising doing gardening instead plus being active all day, hardly ever get to sit down this week.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Mogget » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:19 pm

Big set back on the physical activity front as i have been very sick wth tonsilitus and a chest infection. Starting to recover now and will have to work my way back up again beofre increasing. Have managed to brown bag 4/5 days both weeks, which is good with room for further improvement.
Mogget
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:38 am

Hi mogget, hope you are on the mend and well done for your lunches. My weight is yo-yoing strangely. Eating normally but activity was excessive so the weight went very low and i was pleased. Now it's gone back up even though I haven't done anything different except start some pills which are very high in salt so I'm guessing it might be them. Only taking the pills because I've been doing a ridiculous amount of looking up at the ceiling and swatting moths by hand or with a long vacuum tube (read clutter thread re moths) and managed to give myself a shocking migraine at the weekend, and I feel like my arms are dropping off -still haven't learnt my lesson :? mango - how are you?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:55 am

Hi all, Glad to see that you're still posting. I'm struggling a bit lately, but I'm going to try to get back on track. :D I'm going to start the Body for Life challenge (see http://www.bodyforlife.com) sometime before June 30th. It's a 12-week program. The before and after photos are amazing. I have a YMCA membership, I know how the eating plan works, and I'm willing to make the time. I even got my husband to take my before photos. In a bikini. It was stupefying to see the backside view. I have since bought a full-length mirror, ended my moratorium on short-sleeved shirts, sandals, and cropped pants, and bought a tiny new wardrobe in my current size (16). I'm also doing other things to work on my low self-esteem: a few tanning sessions, got my hair cut and scheduled another appointment to get it colored and get highlights. I bought a teeth whitening product. I bought some new makeup. I bought workbooks on improving body image, improving self-esteem, and more Body for Life books. I already have the cookbook (Eating for Life). I'm spending the remaining time in the month taking good care of myself and setting everything up to begin the challenge. I have a feeling that if I can finish this challenge, no matter what, I will feel like I can accomplish anything. :D
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:34 am

mango, that really is a huge step you're taking, good luck and hope you keep posting about everything you are doing.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:52 am

Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:29 am

Thanks Tituba, I had a look. Got complimented on looking slimmer although it was a funny conversation as I misheard and thought they asked if I was 'trying for a baby'. Have been very active except for the last few days when the routine was different but things will be back to normal tomorrow.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Monthly Challenges