JULY - CLUTTER/ TO DO LISTS/ CLEANING/PERSONAL

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

JULY - CLUTTER/ TO DO LISTS/ CLEANING/PERSONAL

Postby Unity » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:07 am

Hi everyone, Is this you? Energy draining people or activities Procrastination and to-do lists Clutter and mess Post your goals for July and receive support along the way.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: JULY - CLUTTER/ TO DO LISTS/ CLEANING/PERSONAL

Postby Beebelle » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:02 pm

hi all, My new goals are to actually COMMIT to what im saying i am! lol. Im great at saying ill do x,y,z and then letting it slide. So my July Clutter/to do lists are: Finish reading: I could do anything if only i knew what it was - and DO all the exercises!! Refuse to choose - ditto! Copy my Anthony Robbins tapes onto my MP3 player - having difficulty with that, any tech genii out there?! REALLY think about what I am/doing/going/being. Where I see myself in 5 years? Speak only positive thoughts for 7 days in a row. (Dont know if i can start that today cos its already 4pm!) WRITE my novel for 20 mins EVERY DAY! Any encouragement greatly received! thanks guys.
Beebelle
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Unity » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:08 am

Hi Beebelle, How are you doing today? Did you do any writing? Positive thoughts - when I try to do that I seem to have a masochistic delight in sabotaging it and makes thinking negative ones like pure pleasure. Perhaps it's so hard for some of us because it's like dieting etc when you tell yourself 'I MUST NOT' so of course you do.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby concentrate » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:26 am

Hi all, This is my downfall, especially clutter. It's permanently on my to-do list. Maybe I can make some real progress this month. I'll make it small--15 minutes of decluttering a day. Mary
concentrate
New User
New User

Postby Beebelle » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:30 pm

Hey Unity, thanks for checking up! no writing unfortunately, but i did do my run and exercises - for the other challenge - so i think im ok! tonight - ONE chapter of "I could...." B.
Beebelle
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:29 am

Hi Mary, glad you could join us and make clutter a thing of the past! Last night I had another one of my obsessive vacuuming late at night re the moths as now the front room is full of them and found 3 major hot spots - it was practically like a zoo :evil: Unknown to me they were laying the larvae to the underside of the chairs and sofa! I'd moved the furniture before and didn't see anything but now I know their game LOL I've now got a carpet/furniture spray but I'm going to leave it for a while to see how fast they re-populate and work out what exactly is going on. It was very expensive but cheaper than paying professionally as I heard that the fumigators are unlikely to do it properly in just one visit. Hi B.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Beebelle » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:57 pm

So pleased - got FOUR pages of my novel written last night!!!!! AND 1 chapter of "i could do..." :) probably going drinking tonight in celebration of getting my visa, or commiseration lol, so i doubt ill be updating this or the health and fitness one tomo! B.xxx
Beebelle
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Unity » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:44 am

Well done B. Have a good night out. Discovered moths are attacking the back of my headboard - YUK so had to take it out last night and had more late night vacuuming. Will probably put it back today. Also found them inside the piano - attacking all the felt. On a personal front, thinking about the latest major energy drainer when once again agreed to do something I REALLY DO NOT WANT.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:58 am

to do - laundry piles ( 3 tall piles already) Every month this chore challenges me. What is your hardest goal?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Beebelle » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:41 pm

Right, im just putting everything in here... ate loads of fruit and veg the last two days. still had my treats, but enjoying the fruit which is a change for me! yoga yesterday, no run. ran the day before, dont know if i put that in! got ch. 2 of refuse to choose read. AND did my journal/gratitude journal. AND meditated! woohoo. sent my cheque home. AND did laundry and hung it out before work today. im a machine. lol. still need to clean up my desk and do various bits and pieces re paper work. B.xxx
Beebelle
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Cha! » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:40 pm

Hi everyone, Sorry I've been MIA. I've been busy new car shopping. I got a new car that I love last week and got a great deal on it! I also found a beautiful leather chair that I bought and got a tremendous deal on that as well! Now it's time to get back to work. My neighbor and I finally had a yard sale this weekend. I sold several books, cds, hangers, Tupperware and other assorted stuff. I believe we are going to keep having sales throughout the remainder of the summer. I also got a nibble on some crystal I listed for sale online. I need to get a shipping estimate to forward to the interested party. I also pulled out some winter clothing items I plan to sell. I will call upscale resale shops this week to find out when they accept colder whether clothes.
Cha!
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Unity » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:09 am

Hi everyone Cha that's a lot of progress. And another yard sale! I'm still moth-proofing and today sprayed the whole house with this special stuff I got for a vets. Caught up on filing, phones, letters to post, laundry piles done. Hoping to remember to contact more book sellers as first person said that it was a bad time for buying them. In the middle of tax form hope to finish tomorrow. TO-DO'S Cards -Anniversary card, 1 child's b'day card/present, son's card/present open C package (left on table for a week now!) If it ever stops raining - finish outdoor painting
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:33 am

Hi everyone, Done - Just did some de-cluttering upstairs also got some of my many packages off the dining table (trying to sell for months) and diverted them for a car boot sale at the weekend my son is doing. Tax form sent sprayed carpets etc from moths To do - (groan) new door swelled due to heavy rain so now won't shut cards to buy How are you all doing?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby urbanpioneer » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:48 am

Serious success here, but for my dad, not necessarily for me. I've been up in upper Michigan with my dad for vacation. He's gone back down state now, but I stuck around in his summer house ( a lovely cabin in the woods over a waterfall) for another week. I cleaned out ALL of the sheets and blankets and curtains and unfinished projects that my mother left behind and they are all going to the Senior Center for resale up here. All blankets are now packed in a large chest with mothballs. All sheets are in another cedar chest and all the junk is GONE! Including some of my mother's summer clothes that I was glad to get rid of without my dad seeing them, and the UGLIEST lamp in the entire world. It was ugly 40 years ago when they bought it, and it's still ugly, and NOW IT'S GONE! Yay! Also just generally cleaned up everything around the cottage. It's all looking much better.
urbanpioneer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Cha! » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:13 pm

Wow, urbanpioneer - way to go!! Congrats on your success!!!
Cha!
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Next

Return to Monthly Challenges