MARCH 2013 HEALTH AND FITNESS

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: MARCH 2013 HEALTH AND FITNESS

Postby Unity1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:40 am

good idea Graham that is a good incentive, sorry to hear how the inspiration came about in the first place for your stepmom to set it up.

I am way too scared to get on the scales and say I'll join you for 16 pounds. For me it will be to get to the jeans I wore last summer.

This week I haven't been updating on the food/mood diary as I have been cranky after hurting my back.

Yesterday after getting the bad news about what else happened on Saturday I had a blank about, I ate 6 very small bags of salty snacks - could have been worse, they could have been big!

Thursday -

2 shop bought wraps - 310 cals x 2
2 slices low cal bread, tomato ketchup
6 bags snacks - @ 120 cals each
small piece cod with butter sauce
scrambled egg made with milk

white tea, coffee, small glass cider, herbal tea, water

emotional eating

walk - 1 mile

Friday - so far.........

roast veg x 2 meals
slices low cal bread, ketchup
dry cornflakes, dried fruit
herbal tea with tiny bit honey

I didn't go out of the house so no walks, can't do excercise at the moment with this bad back
Last edited by Unity1 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unity1
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby grahamcl » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:56 pm

I made it! I went all day without giving in to the siren song of sugar! :D

DH took me out for a ride in the new car (long story), and while out he asked if I wanted to grab a bite to eat. Luckily we went to a place that has really good burgers, so I got one with almost everything on it, but took it off the bun and ate it with knife and fork. It was AWESOME!

The hardest part was keeping my hand out of the candy that mom has sitting around the house.
"The thing about food, is you're a much happier person if you eat well and treasure your meals."-Julia Child
grahamcl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Unity1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:16 am

Hi all

Graham I fancy that burger too! Well done on a successful day

Saturday so far -

white coffee, white tea, water
thick bacon pieces, scrambled egg
Unity1
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby grahamcl » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:33 am

weight this morning: still 151

That's good though, because I was afraid that I would have added some water weight from so much salt yesterday with the burger and all.

Today will be a little harder as I'm going to work and will be tempted by the sweets! We have all kinds of candy for toppings to put on the frozen yogurt, and it's really hard for me to stay out of it. My plan of resistance is to make sure I eat a really good meal with plenty of protein before I go in to work.
"The thing about food, is you're a much happier person if you eat well and treasure your meals."-Julia Child
grahamcl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:45 am

Ran 2.9 miles. It would have only been about 2.4, but I had to veer off twice and do a couple errands.

I've been having issues with my feet/ankles swelling up a bit, my left more than my right. And still the burning sensation once in a while (both feet and hands/wrist, too). I wonder if the left foot swelling is because of my chronic aggravated Achilles heel. I think I might have been running too many miles over the winter in somewhat slippery conditions, not sure, but it might have put strain on the Achilles. I've noticed a small "dent" at my heel. I wonder if it's trying to separate more. ??? I think it's slightly separated anyhow, and has been for years, and that's why my heel gets sore if I run too many miles. Been this way for years. I blame karate more than running, though, huge strain on the heels trying to bend, jump and stuff, all in bare feet.

I felt OK today, though. I suppose the rest helped, and less mileage today. I noticed at work, I felt less sore and was able to walk up and down stairs much more easily and with more energy. The problem with working out is it's a balance of just enough to do some good, but not too much. I suppose it would help if I varied my workouts. I do lift weights, though. Spring is coming, I'll get on the bikes again.
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby grahamcl » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:14 pm

Well, I sort of made it through work. I did eat two gummie bears when I refilled the container, and then a little piece of chocolate that fell off a snickers bar when I was cutting them up. Also, when I left work and got my free yogurt, I got no-sugar chocolate flavor, but I put some whipped cream, hot fudge, and heath bar bits on it. Not a ton, but still......it was sugar. Not bad though, I'll still call today a success.

I ran my legs off at work today, so I'm sure I burned off a few calories. This warm weather draws people in like crazy, so it was pretty busy. And guess what? We did have a party scheduled!!!! It wasn't too bad as far as parties go, and they didn't leave much of a mess. If all the parties were like that one, I wouldn't mind as much.
grahamcl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby grahamcl » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:32 am

yesterday's weight: 151

I ate pecan pie and candy yesterday, so.... :roll: Not as successful as I would have liked.

Today's weight: 151

no weight change, but with pms this week, I don't expect a whole lot. Actually, if I can just minimize the junk intake due to hormonal influence, I'll call it a successful week! :D

So far today I've had:
coffee with cream
baked eggs and cheese
almonds
grahamcl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Unity1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:26 pm

I'll catch up tomorrow, it's late and I'm standing at laptop
Unity1
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby grahamcl » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:50 am

weight today: 149

Moving in the right direction! I did cave in to the sugar yeterday, but not too badly. I don't work today, so it will be easier to keep it under control.
grahamcl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby mango » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:57 am

Hi all,

Well done on your progress! I'm quietly working with http://www.myfitnesspal.com, and I've lost almost 10 lbs!
I'm going to start posting here once I start exercising.

Unity, I love to read about what you eat. It's fascinating! :D

What is white coffee? And what is white tea?

Have a great day, everyone!
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:32 am

I just had a thought, because there are several people at work trying to lose weight, too. A web site for people who want to GAIN weight! Think it would take off? It could be a funny parody. Although, I've known (healthy) people who couldn't gain weight, so it's not a totally unheard of thing.
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby grahamcl » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:46 pm

Today's weight: 151

Weight's gone back up, but I'm sure it's from eating out. Usually when I eat out my weight goes up one or two pounds the next day, and it's from the higher levels of sodium causing water retention. It will probably go up again tomorrow because I just ate the toppings off of four slices of pizza! :D Very tasty, but kind of funny. When we get pizza, I scrape the toppings off onto a plate and but the naked crust back in the box. Someone always says, "Ewwww....Mom!!!"

I bet tomorrow's weight will be 153. :roll: But, at least it's just water, and that will correct itself.
grahamcl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby grahamcl » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:29 pm

Today's weight: 150

I did eat some candy today, but not much. Actually, I didn't really eat a lot of anything today, but I wasn't that hungry.
grahamcl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Unity1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:33 am

Hi all

ST there should be sites for people who want to gain, R4 and another male friend want to put on weight but can't.

Graham, that seems a good idea to just eat the pizza toppings

Mango, white tea etc = with milk. Brilliant news on the weight loss

Yesterday - cornflakes with milk, cheesey chips (potato fries) in the pub, pasta with peppers x 2 at home.

white coffee, white teas, water, 2 x half ciders
4 x ibur, 2 x paras

walk - 4 miles - in the pouring rain!!

today so far - bacon roll, 1 extra roll on it's own, cod in butter sauce (tiny portion) squidgy peas

white tea, water
Unity1
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby grahamcl » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:41 am

Today's weight: 149

Today is up in the air as far as what I'll eat because of DD's belated birthday happenings. I'll be at the mall with a bunch of 14 year old girls, so.... :lol: Hey, that should mean that I get in some walking too, so maybe it will balance out? 8)
grahamcl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges