Gratitude 2016

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Gratitude 2016

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:08 pm

Tell us what you're grateful for.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Gratitude 2016

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:10 pm

I've gotten out of the habit to look for things I'm grateful for. So here goes:

I'm grateful for yellow glasses
TEDx
weed eaters
disposable Vinyl gloves (yes, they're bad for the environment, but sometimes . . .)
And Christine, and the Dollar Store, and feathers and beads.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:43 pm

I'm thankful for how well the first surgery went on my wife's foot. The mass that was removed was not cancer, she was upbeat and alert in recovery, and we're able to continue with life until the second surgery.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:09 pm

Happy for you, Square Peg. Sort of puts other things into perspective.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:19 am

Thank you, Elaine. Thankful that the second surgery went okay, too, although it was tougher. Thankful also for lots of vacation time and an understanding employer.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:35 am

Sqare Peg, I'm glad it went well, and I'm glad it's over.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:02 am

Elaine,

I didn't notice that you still have the gratitude thread going.

I'm so grateful to have spent time the last few months with a little dog I love dearly. His health is declining rapidly so I don't know how much longer he's going to be with us. What a treasure it has been to spend so much time with him. His joy of living, his love of running, his love of me, have been such a blessing.

I'm grateful that I'm designing again. I thought I'd lost it forever, something I used to love doing. It's given me hope that perhaps some of the other areas of my life that seem lost and dead, might also come alive again.

I'm grateful that I'm regaining the body I used to have -- moving towards a healthy weight, slowly exercising again after not doing anything for so long, being happier about how I look, wearing clothes I was too overweight to wear for years. How I look and feel physically has always been important to me. I'm gradually feeling better about this area of my life.

I'm grateful to be on the Barbara Sher Boards again. It feels good to receive support and it makes me so happy to "Inspire Success" in others who are pursuing their dreams and discovering how to live the life they love. Thanks, everyone, for giving and receiving support here.

Inspire
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:45 am

I'm grateful for the new CPAP machine. All the data I see from the new one indicates I always need more pressure than my previous machine was set to.

Reading the previous post, I'm grateful for ... well, euthanasia. I realize it might sound morbid, but I was glad there was something to do for our cancer-stricken dog once the pain wore him down too far.

Oh one more.... Glad our cat got through his lion's cut okay. We had it done because of excessively matted fur, and the vet had to sedate him, too, because of how fierce and combative he is at the clinic. (They wear leather gauntlets that go all the way to the shoulder in order to handle him. But he's really the sweetest creature, otherwise.) I hope the other three cats receive him well.

My 2016 gratitude jar is nearly filled already. I've already started to press the slips of paper down a bit. But I'll need to do a firm tamping to get to the end of the year.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:15 pm

Once again, I'm grateful for the people on the boards.

Thank you SquarePeg, for your timely comments about me in the celebrate success thread and to Elaine for "seconding" them.

Today was the last day of my little dog's life. I am grateful for euthanasia. He was suffering so much and there was no more hope. It's been an incredibly tough 2 months. I've been obsessed with designing, to take my mind off it. I'm grateful that I was able to reconnect with designing at a time that helped so much. I'm also grateful that I've reconnected to the Sher boards during this time. Although none of you knew I was going through this, you've all helped me get through it, because of your commitment to your own projects and because of your support of mine.

I'm not sure, at this point, if being off the boards for awhile will help or being on the boards will help. I guess I'll just wait and see. Thank you everyone.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:30 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, Dear One.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:50 pm

Thank you, Square Peg, for your kind words.

I'm grateful for acupuncture. I have a wonderful healer whose given me a financial discount that allows me to receive his help every week. It's truly a blessing. It helps both my physical health and my mental health.

I'm grateful for the traditional women's crafts that I have been involved in all my life -- hand-quilting, embroidery, knitting, and other needlework. Working with my hands, creating something stitch by stitch, is healing and rewarding, both the process of making something and then the enjoyment of the finished product. I also have the added gift of being creative and able to design new patterns, new ideas, new visions that I can share with others who enjoy making things but don't have the gift of coming up with the design. Women's crafts are part of our heritage and it's important to continue them so they don't die out and disappear.

I'm grateful to have this thread, which reminds me to look for what I'm grateful for and to share it. It's easy to forget all the blessings when things get difficult. Thanks, Elaine, for keeping this thread going.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:53 pm

I'm grateful for good health.

When I was a kid I remember hearing that your health was the most important thing. Since I'd always had good health, I thought it was a stupid statement!

After a lifetime of good/bad/in between health, I realize how important that statement is.

I'm grateful for all the pets I've had in my life. They've brought me so much love, joy, happiness, contentment, entertainment.

I'm grateful for nature. I've lived in many places across the country and in Canada. No matter where I am I'm grateful for the peacefulness that nature brings to me.

I'm grateful for water. The lake in Canada where I lived as a kid. And the brook that ran down the hill into the lake. And the creeks and streams in Upstate New York where I also lived as a child. And the Pacific Ocean where I now live in California. The sound of water is so healing.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:43 pm

I'm grateful for the people on the Boards.

Recently, I had someone give me a good online butt-kick and it got me going on a project I've been procrastinating on.

We can help each other here. Come out of the woodwork! Reach out! Help a fellow B. Sher follower. We all need it. And we'll give you the same. Just ask. We'll be there.

Jennifer, my butt is in full gear and I'm working daily on my project :D
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:13 am

I'm grateful for all my friends. I'm grateful for what strength I have to face challenges. I'm grateful for living things, especially for Molly. I'm grateful for antibiotics. That's enough for now.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:06 am

I'm so grateful for Chris.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Next