EXERCISE JUNE 2019

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: EXERCISE JUNE 2019

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi. I will post the 10 day count tomorrow.

YOU DID 15 MINUTES CYCLING!! YAY!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:57 pm

june 19 wednesday
I walked 43 minutes this evening. The first time I've made it to 40!
yesterday, june 18th, did nothing.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:12 pm

LN
June 9 - 3 out of 4 workouts, 0 cycling

June 10, 11, 12, 13,14, 15, 16, 17 ??? I couldn't find these. I checked May but didn't see them there either.

June 18 - 2 workouts, 10 min cycling

June 19 - 2 workouts, 15 minutes cycling

IS

June 9 - 0
June 10 - 30 min walk
June 11 - 30 min walk
June 12 - 0
June 13 - 37 min walk
June 14 - 37 min walk
June 15 - 0
June 16 - 25 min walk
June 17 - 0
June 18 - 0
June 19 - 43 minute walk

I didn't do anything 4 out of 11 days but I did do longer walks. Doctor wants me to walk 5 out 7 days.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:49 am

Hi,
You are doing walks for about 40 mins now easily, whereas you were struggling in 20 mins before. It is a real progress. I applaud your hard work and perseverance. Other than that you are doing stairs regularly now, I hope. I think your body is starting to respond to your calls and that is a wonderful experience. Wish you more progress. :D
Today being International Yoga day, what are your plans?
I was unable to do yoga today, but I'm planning to start it from July. Eventhough, I have recovered, still a bit hard to do all of my previous exercises of the past 2 months.
Last edited by LalithaN on Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:55 am

Hi,
Thank you for doing assessment.
Have you decided to do walking 3 or 4 times a week, leaving other days free? My suggestion is that you should do simple exercises for 10 mins on those days.

From June 10 to 17, I didn't do anything. Got periods after a long time and its aftermaths.

June 20 Thursday -------- 3 workouts and 10 mins cycling
June 21 Friday------------ 4 workouts and 11 mins cycling.

After regular exercises for a month and so, my body started responding, but after a lapse for a week, it has gone to its previous condition and I'm trying to get it back.

How YMCA plan is going on?
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:04 am

Hi,
June 22 Saturday
2 workouts and 11 mins cycling.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:20 pm

i think I want to join you here.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:35 pm

Hi Inspire,
You haven't been here for a couple of days. Are you well?
June 23 Sunday 3 workouts 40 mins walk.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:40 pm

Hi Elaine,

Most welcome.
The rule is daily 10 mins any form of exercise and record it. Any more extension is your preference. But 10 mins regular is basic and that shouldn't be ignored . That's all.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:30 am

June 24 Monday
3 workouts and 16 mins of cycling.
After a long time, today I was able to cycle easily without fatigue and bore [For this part I was reading Agatha raisin Deadly Dance].
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:00 am

June 25 Tuesday

4 workouts and 16 mins cycling.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:10 pm

LalithaN wrote:...16 mins of cycling. After a long time, today I was able to cycle easily without fatigue and boredom .

Way cool! 16 minutes! You're really upping your cycling. I'm glad it's getting easier. My walking is so much easier than when I started. It shows you that with our little 10 minute start off goals, we're making progress!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:46 pm

I thought I hadn't been here for 3 days. It looks like 5! I know I did 1 day 40 minute walk. 1 day - 10 minutes arms/arm weights and 10 minutes abs and legs. These are things I remember from an aerobics class I took years ago. I also have a leg stretchy thing and a small ab ball. I'm really out of shape for that stuff. So, I'm glad I'm getting started. I also did a 43 minute walk one day. And nothing yesterday. That totals 4 days. I don't know about the 5th day.

Here's my guess.

June 20 - 40 minute walk
June 21 - 10 abs 10 arms
June 22 - 43 minute walk
June 23 - gardening - I did some heavy work and I think that's why I wasn't up to doing anything the following day. I don't know how much time I was at the garden. I'll just count it as my 10 minutes that day although I think I worked about an hour.
June 24 - nothing

As far as walking, I'm going to continue to do daily if I can. Doctor says 5 days a week. I'm aiming for that. Sometimes when I do nothing it's the day after I've walked really long the day before. I'm still trying to push the length of the walk a few minutes each time.

I checked out the distance to a little lake in my area. Google map says 22 minute walk each way - total 44 minutes. That's based on a regular walker, not slow like me. That means it's going to be about 1 hour for me. I'm going to keep following the direction until I finally make it there. It's nice to have an actual end goal instead of just walking timing it only.

You mentioned my steps. I have not done any. Just what I always do. up/down for getting mail, taking garbage out, going to my car, taking laundry down. My idea of doing it like an exercise I haven't done since I tried it once. I'll get going on it again. I don't like the feeling that I'm dragging myself up and down every time I have to do something.

Also, because my arms are weak I can only carry one bag of laundry at time. That sucks. My goal is to be able to do two bags. Each laundry trip is one down to load, one down to transfer to dryer, one down to pick laundry up. I miss living in a house where I had a washer and dryer so I don't have to take my laundry someplace and share it with a group of other people. (That's a tiny rant! Poor me!)

Elaine, hop aboard!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:16 pm

Hi Inspire,
Happy you are back. I started missing you.

inspiresuccess wrote:Way cool! 16 minutes! You're really upping your cycling. I'm glad it's getting easier. My walking is so much easier than when I started. It shows you that with our little 10 minute start off goals, we're making progress!

Yes. We are making progress. 'A thousand mile journey starts with a single step.'
My ankle and thigh fat have started loosening and I believe they would slim up in a couple of months.

I'm happy you are planning to cover the lake. 1 hour walk is a complete exercise. My opinion about stairs is when you live in an upstairs house, you should climb up and down atleast 3 times a day for various reasons. So there is no need to do it for exercise's sake.
Is every rented house in your country covered with all furniture and household appliances, so that you need not own all of them? If you live in a house that doesn't have a washing machine, I think you can plan washing only once or twice in a week. That can save a lot of time and energy.
Taking clothes out for washing reminds my grandma every morning taking all the laundry to the river in her middle age. She used to take all the laundry and a big brass pot early morning daily. First she would go to the river [1 km from her house] wash all the clothes wring them tight and take a bath in the river and clean the brass pot, put all the wrung clothes on her shoulders and would come to the pond [1/2 km from the river] and would fill the pot [drinking water]and come home [11/2 km] and immediately start cooking for the family. A husband, 5 sons and 4 daughters. I still wonder how women of those days tackled all such hard work without fatigue and today with all these gadgets I still feel fatigued. [ Sorry! I started my rant]. :lol:
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:27 am

June 26 Wednesday
3 workouts and 20 mins of cycling. :shock: [set the timer for 16 mins, but it didn't work].
Hoping to do the 4th workout at bed.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges