EXERCISE JULY 2019

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

EXERCISE JULY 2019

Postby LalithaN » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:29 am

Hi Friends,
Here is our new thread for July month.
Inspire started this Exercise thread and I joined on April 29th. I can't believe I had been consistent in this programme for more than 60 days. Not only being here, we are making steady progress. Yeah, that is the result of mutual motivation. Elaine joined this thread last week and I'm happy for a new member. I welcome everybody who has a longing to improve their health,fitness and posture, but procrastinating due to unknown reasons. Here is a place we can improve not only our health but also our will power, by tiny steps.
When I started, I was in a bad posture, balloon shape, poor balance and nervous nerves. Though I know and had done many types of exercises in the past, I never had been consistent. This consistency is the result of co-operation. I thank InspireSuccess for her eagerness and motivation. She has been a great partner.
In these 60 days, though I have skipped many days, my body has started responding and I have made considerable progress in all those areas.
If I can, You all can. Come, Let us step ahead.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: EXERCISE JULY 2019

Postby LalithaN » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:31 am

July 1 8.00 p.m.
4 workouts, 10 mins yoga breathing and 16 mins cycling. Has planned to do some yoga poses, but no time.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:47 pm

Thanks, Lalitha, for getting the new month going. Good luck everyone! Let's make it an even bigger success than the first 2 months of our journey. Inspire
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:05 pm

For anyone new who is joining us, the only requirement is to do something (anything!) 10 minutes per day. If you're way past that point, let us know what you are doing so we can support you. If even 10 minutes is a challenge, let us support you in that, too.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:05 pm

July 1 walk 43 minutes (walked really slow so made less distance but put the time in)

I've decided that when I'm not up to doing 10 minutes I'm going to break it down even smaller. I just did 3 minutes of arm exercises that seemed like a long time after my walk. If I do 2-4 minute workouts that add up to 10 minutes I'm going to count it.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:03 pm

Hi Inspire,
Happy to be with you. Breaking 10 mins workout into small chunks, I daily do that in my workouts. Out of 4 I regularly do, 3 workouts consist of 2-3 mins each.
You walked for 60 mins! It's time to celebrate. How I long that we should celebrate together in person! As it is not possible, just tell our names and do something that is your favourite. A small food treat, or a simple shopping or your favourite TV show like that and report it. I am mentally present with you. :D :D :D :D
Don't worry about walking slow. We are not robots and our body is made up of only nerves and muscles. So we have our own highs and lows. You did that and it is the thing that counts!
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:15 am

Saturday, 30 min. Sunday 30 minutes. Monday, 0 minutes. (No, that's not a typo.) Today?
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:28 am

July 2 Tuesday
4 workouts and 18 mins cycling.
I changed the first workout . Now I do 10 easy pushups, 50 back leg stretches for each leg and 5 full stretches and constrictions with palms on the floor[Upward facing dog pose and extended puppy pose].
Last edited by LalithaN on Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:33 am

Hi Elaine,
What did you do for those 30 mins? Walking, stretches, swimming, jogging, aerobics, dancing,weights or yoga?
If you don't want to explain then it is OK. I won't pester. Fine you did something for 30 mins.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:38 am

Hi Inspire and Elaine,
Thank you for supplying missing details. I have updated the 6th ten days assessment.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:19 am

July 3 Wednesday
18 mins cycling.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:31 am

I have a cardio workout machine, and that's what I worked out on. I did 35 minutes yesterday. We'll see what happens today. I'm glad to have this thread. It got me moving. Hopefully, I'll build up some strength over time, but I'm happy to have started. I needed it badly.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:15 pm

LalithaN wrote: You walked for 60 mins!
I wish! So far, 43 minutes is the most I've done. I'll have to add another 17 minutes in order to make it an hour.

I wish we could celebrate in person also! That would be so much fun! You're right. I should celebrate more (all of us should!) considering the progress we've made. I'll have to think about what to do. The first thing that comes to mind is to eat something unhealthy! I miss eating sugary treats but I've been backing off from sugar. Maybe I'll have chocolate as a treat. I'm going to a place tomorrow that has chair massage. Maybe I'll do that. I love massage but usually can't afford it.

What are you doing to celebrate your successes, Lalitha?

Oh, now I know why you said 60 minutes. The labyrinth walk. That's just a guess. It might only be 20 minutes. It's a form of meditation and is done so slowly that it seems a long time.

I'm going to make gardening one of my new goals for exercise. I rent a garden space that is 20 minutes from my apartment. I neglect it because I'm lazy about the drive. If I see it as an exercise goal I might get there more often. My muscles definitely tell me that it's hard work!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:18 pm

July 2 Tuesday
3+3+4 = 10 minutes arm exercises.

My ultimate goal is to be able to handle groceries better. Now I have to ask the bagger to load then really light for me. So embarrassing to not be able to handle a bag of groceries!

Elaine, I'm glad you've joined us and that you're getting motivated. Yay!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:19 pm

My goal today is gardening. I'll post whether I made it.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Next

Return to Monthly Challenges