EXERCISE JULY 2019

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: EXERCISE JULY 2019

Postby LalithaN » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:24 am

inspiresuccess wrote:Here's what I wrote in the other thread:

I guess what I'm uncomfortable with is being around people and exercising. Being around people and exercising. I'm so weak I can't really take a class. I guess I don't want people to see how weak I am. And I don't want to see other people exercising the way I used to be able to exercise in the past (envy and living in the past as far as used to being highly active). I guess if I went to the Y and there were no people there, I'd enjoy having access to a pool and exercise machines and just do what I wanted and enjoy the feeling of getting in touch with my body again at my own pace like I am with walking.

Being around people is what is holding me back.

I am happy that you found one outfit. Don't worry about your people fear. It is very common for 95% of population. Only very few are comfortable with new people.
I appreciate your decision to go and get a feel of Y. I hope in course of time, you will adapt to people and may even get some good friends.
My best wishes for your success in Y.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:55 am

July 27 Saturday
30 min exercise,20 min cycling.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:04 am

Hi Inspire,
I don't know the name of the knee-drop during plough. I have seen such a photo somewhere. When I come across it, I sure would inform you. It is a difficult one and I admire you for doing it.
I don't do yoga during my exercise time. Just arms, legs, sit-stands, all direction bends like that. Maybe we can take it as my prep for a serious yoga practice.

I am eager to know about your Y experiences.

Till you ask me to stop, I will be regularly inquiring about your Y expedition.I rejoice in all your small or big steps towards your goal and they are a motivation for me also.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:54 am

LalithaN wrote: Till you ask me to stop, I will be regularly inquiring about your Y expedition.I rejoice in all your small or big steps towards your goal and they are a motivation for me also.
It helps a lot to have someone asking me on a regular basis about things I'm procrastinating about. Thank you.

Eventually, I will need to buy a new outfit for swimming. The swimsuit has cris cross straps in the back that are uncomfortable. The shirt looks like a night shirt and my flip flops are worn out. But for now, I'm fine with all of that. I'm just wanting to get there. Looks are a very low priority.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:14 pm

Lalitha, I did the first step! I drove to the YMCA! I tried to take the shortcut, got lost and ended up taking a long time to get there. Once I was there I decided to go in and look around. I talked to the staff and they said that it's not busy on weekends, just weekdays. I found the pool and it was half-empty! The plan is to go to the pool next Saturday.

Anxiety is such a strange and negative thing. I can't wait to actually get there and use the pool next week!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:27 pm

Saturday 7/27 15 minutes arms
Sunday 7/28 45 minute walk, 15 minutes arms
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:08 pm

inspiresuccess wrote:Lalitha, I did the first step! I drove to the YMCA! I tried to take the shortcut, got lost and ended up taking a long time to get there. Once I was there I decided to go in and look around. I talked to the staff and they said that it's not busy on weekends, just weekdays. I found the pool and it was half-empty! The plan is to go to the pool next Saturday.

Anxiety is such a strange and negative thing. I can't wait to actually get there and use the pool next week!

Inspire,
Superb. You did it!
I can relate with that round robin. Because I have done that many times. Cheers for going to the pool on Saturday.
It seems your old swimsuit won't help you much.My suggestion is that you should buy some real fitting outfits for your swimming. You should feel comfortable when you start after this much effort. Before buying a swimsuit,I have some questions.
How long it has been since you swam last time?
Are you sure you can cope?
I'm not discouraging you. Just common sense.Why can't you have a trial swim with your old swimsuit in the Y pool at an early or late hour? I thought suggesting the lake, but it seemed dangerous and I skipped the idea.
Consider well. Before Wednesday, get your gear ready.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:42 am

July 28 Sunday

July 29 Monday
10 mins walk, 20 mins exercise
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:32 pm

Lalitha, I noticed you've been walking. That's new! Any comments about that?

I've had a truly crappy day and I'm choosing not to walk. I didn't even do my arm exercises when I got up. I might do 10 minutes of yoga tonight. I was doing an hour per night of yoga a few months ago and I don't know why or when but I stopped. I don't know when I'll get back to it.

I hate having crappy days! I had to say "no" to helping a dear friend and it hurt her and me but I just can't help. It wouldn't be the right thing for either of us. But it broke my heart to have to tell her "no" face to face. Feelings of guilt despite knowing it was the right thing to do. Arghh.................. :(
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:31 am

July 30,31 Tuesday and Wednesday
20 mins cycling.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:08 pm

July 29 - 0
July 30 - 25 minutes walk
July 31 - 0
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:53 am

9th Ten Days Assessment
Date--------------- NL--------------------------------IS
July 21----20 mins cycling,10 mins walk------------0
July 22----25 mins cycling------------------5 mins arms
July 23----20 mins cycling----------------------5 mins arms, 60 mins walk
July 24----20 mins cycling, 3 workouts----------------------30 mins walk
July 25---20 mins exercise,20 mins cycling--------------10 mins arms, 50 mins walk
July 26----20 mins cycling,30 mins exercise------------------------------5 mins arms,40 mins walk
July 27----30 mins exercise, 20 mins cycling------------15 mins arms
July 28----0------------------15 mins arms, 45 mins walk
July 29----10 mins walk,20 mins exercise--------0
July 30----20 mins cycling--------------25 mins walk
July 31----20 mins cycling-------------------0

ASSESSMENT
IS
Walking------- 250 mins [4.16 hours]
Arms workout------------- 55 mins
Overall count comes to 5 hours, 50 mins for 8 days. 3 days nothing.
NL
Cycling------------ 205 mins [3.41 hours]
Exercise--------80 mins [1.20 hours]
Walk----------------10 mins
Workout-------------15 mins
Overall count comes to 5 hours 25 mins for 10 days. 1 day nothing.

REMARKS
Inspire, Your . You are doing great. Keep it up. I hope I can add YMCA too in the next assessment.
Me too has done well. But I'm getting bored with cycling. Should find some alternative.
Elaine hasn't reported at all. Hope she comes back.

SUGGESTIONS
We should do and report eye exercises too. From this Sunday, I'll add weekly assessments too,for your convenience.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Previous

Return to Monthly Challenges