EXERCISE JULY 2019

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: EXERCISE JULY 2019

Postby LalithaN » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:15 am

July 25 Thursday
20 mins exercise,20 mins cycling.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:18 am

Hi Inspire,
I have updated the table with your details. Still July 15, 16 are missing. Please fill in the details.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:45 am

re: stomach and spirit.

Mind/Body/Spirit. They're always connected.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:48 am

LalithaN wrote:Hi Inspire,
I have updated the table with your details. Still July 15, 16 are missing. Please fill in the details.

10 minutes yoga each day.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:52 am

LalithaN wrote: Then about doing the regular reports is not a difficulty for me.
If you're okay with that, I would love to have you continue. I was thinking about doing it weekly instead of 10 days because my doctor wants me to walk weekly. It would be easier to see if I'm achieving that goal. Thank you for doing the totals. I really do appreciate it. If at any time (like you're not feeling well) you want me to take over, don't hesitate to ask.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:26 pm

Lalitha, eye exercises definitely count. I need to be doing those more myself.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:15 pm

Thursday 7/25 50 minute walk, 10 minutes arms
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:30 pm

inspiresuccess wrote:
LalithaN wrote: Then about doing the regular reports is not a difficulty for me.
If you're okay with that, I would love to have you continue. I was thinking about doing it weekly instead of 10 days because my doctor wants me to walk weekly. It would be easier to see if I'm achieving that goal. Thank you for doing the totals. I really do appreciate it. If at any time (like you're not feeling well) you want me to take over, don't hesitate to ask.

Hi Inspire,
So kind of you to recognize it. I was really thoughtless to give such a flat reply. Sorry. My mom used to say 'The most easiest thing to give and the most hardest thing to get is love.' That applies to recognition too. You are really generous. Thank You.

From August we can do weekly assessment. When can we start eye exercises?
Last edited by LalithaN on Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:31 pm

Hi Inspire,
I think you wouldn't mind my taking liberty on YMCA matter.
You want to go to YMCA. From your posts I gathered that your problems are : Lack of exercise outfit, Hesitation to go and sign up in a program.
Exercise outfit: Today is Friday. You can search in your wardrobe for a proper outfit.If you get a good one okay. If there is nothing, make up your mind to go to a shop and get some simple, inexpensive outfits, before Monday. It will work, if you do it along with some necessary shopping.
I have the same questions I asked before.
Why do you hesitate?
1. YMCA far away from your home?
2. Inconvenient commute?
3. Fear of commitment?
4. Nervous about the people who may come there?
If you feel free, answer them in posts. I can help you by all means. If not, no problem. Consider them yourself and make a good decision. I wish you join YMCA on Monday.
All the Best.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:34 am

July 26 Friday
30 min exercise, 20 min cycling.
Exercise : I did as two parts 20+10 mins.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:01 am

LalithaN wrote:Hi Inspire, I think you wouldn't mind my taking liberty on YMCA matter.

This is exactly what I need, Lalitha. Some accountability, someone else involved with it, deadlines, etc.

I will start with the clothing today. Thank you so much for your help. I need it!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:47 pm

I've decided the easiest thing to do first is the pool. I don't have to be there at any particular time like a class. I don't have to follow a teacher and a group of students. I can just get in the water and stand there and feel the environment.

I've found my gym bag, my swimsuit (which fits) and a towel. I need to buy a lock. I need to have some cover up to wear over the swimsuit. I have a long shirt that I will see if that will work.

I looked on the phone to see a good route to drive there. There's a shorter way to go than the way I would usually go.

Today the plan is to just drive there. See how it feels. First step.

Tonight I have to go someplace that is close to where I can buy a lock.

So that's the plan for today. 1. Cover up. 2. Drive. 3. Lock.

I feel scared. I did a lot of journal writing about what I'm scared of. Barbara Sher says if you feel fear, that's a good sign. It means you're getting close to something you really want to do. I hope that's true.

Thanks for taking this journey with me, Lalitha!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:51 pm

LalithaN wrote:I have the same questions I asked before.
Why do you hesitate?
1. YMCA far away from your home?
2. Inconvenient commute?
3. Fear of commitment?
4. Nervous about the people who may come there?
If you feel free, answer them in posts. I can help you by all means. If not, no problem. Consider them yourself and make a good decision. I wish you join YMCA on Monday.
All the Best.

1. 10-15 minute drive.
2. Easy commute depending on time of day.
3. Fear of commitment? Maybe. Not sure what I'm committing to but there is definitely some fear.
4. Yes, nervous about other people there.

I did write a bit in another post. I'll go there and copy and paste here.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:59 pm

Here's what I wrote in the other thread:

I guess what I'm uncomfortable with is being around people and exercising. Being around people and exercising. I'm so weak I can't really take a class. I guess I don't want people to see how weak I am. And I don't want to see other people exercising the way I used to be able to exercise in the past (envy and living in the past as far as used to being highly active). I guess if I went to the Y and there were no people there, I'd enjoy having access to a pool and exercise machines and just do what I wanted and enjoy the feeling of getting in touch with my body again at my own pace like I am with walking.

I guess my obstacle is the being around other people exercising. I want access to exercise equipment and a pool without being around people. I guess that's why I'm walking alone and feeling good about it. I can buy a lock for a locker but I can't buy a pool and exercise equipment. Being around people. That's it. The exercise part is what I want to do. Being around people is what is holding me back.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:26 pm

Friday 7/26 40 minute walk, 5 minutes arms

The fact that the 5 minutes is so hard tells me how important it is to work on my arms. If I'm going to comfortably carry groceries, laundry, and garbage up and down 14 steps my arms need to be a lot stronger. Fortunately, it's an easy time to do it first thing in the morning so I think I'll be able to keep up on it. If I do, that would take care of my 10 minutes a day on a daily basis. I wouldn't have to worry about flaking out on any day.

Lalitha, you said that yoga is really the most important thing for you. How do you feel about doing it now? How much of your daily exercise is yoga?

I have one yoga routine that I do about 3x a day. 1. Candle 2. Shoulderstand 3. Plough 4. I don't know the name . When you're in the plough position you drop your knees down on each side of your head. Do you know what that's called?
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges