GRATITUDE AUGUST 2019

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

GRATITUDE AUGUST 2019

Postby inspiresuccess » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:32 am

I'm grateful for former Sher Boarders who come back again!

I'm grateful for AC. The weather has been over 100 degrees for days now (Northern CA).

I'm grateful for the human body and its ability to renew itself with help.

I'm grateful I'm well enough to walk and swim again.

I'm grateful for the way my body is slowly cooperating with me with exercise.

I'm grateful for friends who give good advice. I was struggling to do something that I clearly didn't want to do. My friend said, "It's clear you don't want to do this. I think you shouldn't do it." Her straightforwardness was a relief and I immediately extricated myself from the situation. I'm feeling relieved today. It freed up energy I can use more positively elsewhere.

I'm grateful that my car is still running well. It's 20 years old! (Toyota Camry)

I'm grateful the Barbara Sher boards are still surviving. They've been a place for support and challenge for me for many years.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: GRATITUDE AUGUST 2019

Postby LalithaN » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:05 pm

inspiresuccess wrote:I'm grateful for friends who give good advice. I was struggling to do something that I clearly didn't want to do. My friend said, "It's clear you don't want to do this. I think you shouldn't do it." Her straightforwardness was a relief and I immediately extricated myself from the situation. I'm feeling relieved today. It freed up energy I can use more positively elsewhere.

Happy you have a good friend to give you such an advice. I wish that life is that much simple.
It also reminds me a quote
"A great deal of talent is lost to the world for want of a little courage".
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:00 pm

LalithaN wrote:
inspiresuccess wrote:I'm grateful for friends who give good advice.
Happy you have a good friend to give you such an advice. I wish that life is that much simple.

It's so rarely that simple which is why it qualifies as such a huge gratitude. I have few friends and they almost never give advice. That's why this was such a big deal.
Last edited by inspiresuccess on Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:13 pm

I'm grateful for the lovely weather.

I'm grateful for my body responding well to my new walking routine. It feels good to walk longer and faster and farther. I'm enjoying it and I used to think walking was too boring to enjoy.

I'm grateful for my cats company. It helps me from feeling too lonely living alone.

I'm grateful for Obama Care. I'm low income and it's been a real help with paying not only medical bills but dental bills as well. I will be forced off it when I turn 65 and forced onto Medicare which is much more expensive so I'm enjoying the Obama Care for as long as I have it.

I'm grateful for modern dentistry. Although it's costing me a lot, it's pretty amazing what they can do these days like take photographs inside your mouth in addition to x-rays and using a laser for cleaning. Fascinating!

I'm grateful for the people I encounter when I walk in my neighborhood. They smile and nod and make eye contact and say hi. Other places I've lived people weren't friendly like that. It makes my evening walk more enjoyable.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:25 am

I agree with you Inspire. All simple things are not easy. It needs a lot of courage to make some simple decisions. You had that courage and it counts.
Walks are becoming more pleasant for you.Happy for that.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:46 pm

LalithaN wrote:I agree with you Inspire. All simple things are not easy. It needs a lot of courage to make some simple decisions. You had that courage and it counts. Walks are becoming more pleasant for you.Happy for that.
:D
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Monthly Challenges