Trump administration

Political discussions of any type are welcome here. All we ask is that you try to respect everyone's views, and that you use facts to back up any claims that you make.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: Trump administration

Postby jcjm » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:27 pm

The real test will be coming in the next few months. There has been a major security threat in the first nine months of the last 3 Presidents and Trump and the Chiefs of Staff would have to be crazy to think this is going to change now. What he does before, during and after is the real test.

This stuff about Russia is smoke and mirrors just as all the stuff about Hillary was. Just stuff to keep people off the real issues.

Like it or not Trump is the President now, but I still say he won't finish out the 4 years. I think he would be lucky to do 2 years but would be surprised if he even did 1. But healthcare, the wall and most of the other stuff he wants to do aren't in his hands, they need to go through Congress. So in that regard, its really Congress that has messed up the domestic side of the equation.

I really think he thought he was going to lose and start up a conservative news network and make lots of money. It must be killing him to have to think about healthcare when what he really wants to do is make money.
jcjm
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:46 am

Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:18 am

Unhinged Trump is now tweeting that as President he'll pardon his family, associates and even himself.
So he tweets that the Russian investigation is "fake news" yet he is thinking about pardons? Who pardons the innocent? How can T supporters be this dense?

Bad enough he has spent every weekend, at our expense, golfing. Now he is taking a 3-week vacation in August on our dime.

Supporters of him must be SO "proud"

I've heard supporters say they aren't bigots themselves but voted for him. How does that rational actually work? They are OK with having a supporter of the KKK, scam artist, liar and vindictive monster with the launch codes? Ok with the destruction of the EPA, elder programs, child food programs and take away health care? He has programmed them into believing anything negative is "fake" Even when you witness him saying those exact words. He has even programmed them into believing that anything negative is solely because we lost the election. Over and over again he repeats this whenever anyone pulls back the curtain. One day, hopefully soon, those who look at the stock market and think he is doing a good job will realize what a big mistake they have made. One can only hope it is before he totally destroys our world.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby jcjm » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:15 pm

As I said before, I don't see him going for a full year let alone a full term, but most of your comments were said about Democrats when they were in office.

Vacation

The Republicans complained every time Obama went on vacation. It was my understanding the White House was being remodeled during this time and it had been arranged by the previous administration for these weeks, so he gets a pass from me.
They are OK with having a supporter of the KKK, scam artist, liar and vindictive monster with the launch codes?

Yeah I guess they are. If Hillary was in, the opposition would be screaming about Bengazi, emails, philandering Bill, etc. Its always something, no matter who is in.

I've been watching a documentary on slavery and it appears people were doing the same thing when Lincoln was in. The South didn't like him and the North weren't crazy about him either. So, we have a history of the party that's out bad mouthing the one that's in and bringing along some of the party that's in.

Bottom line, every time Trump does something, the media salivates and says this is it. I even heard one talking head say this is different than the rest, this is the worst. Frankly, I think the Billy Bush thing was the worst and if he still got elected after that, calling him a racist will probably improve his numbers.

The problem is, the Democrats aren't giving an alternative other than more of Pelosi and Schumer, and even the Democratic voters don't like that(unless you are in New York or California).

Still I don't see it going past a year. I don't know how, but something will persuade him to leave, family, health, something. Maybe just thinking of all the money he could be making with his own news network.

He has to eventually run out of tweets and people to offend.
jcjm
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:45 pm

We still have a large slave population not only in the US private prisons that keep growing, but also the millions of us who are indentured servants of society, who are neither rich nor free, and will work until the day of our death, a slave to some corporation. There may be perceptions of various freedoms, but most of us are not.

I consider myself part of the elite 20% (lol) for now anyhow, but I know many people around me who are struggling mightily just to exist.

And, they want us to keep bickering between the two parties. It basically keeps the oligarchy intact, no matter which party is in power.

The only real solution I'm beginning to realize, is to get out the "free market" capitalist system completely, and go live in Alaska somewhere out in the wilderness.
The other is to change the system to a more egalitarian society, but that's going to take a lot, not just a third party. People are going to have to get so fed up, that they refuse to participate in the current system. But, we are so ingrained in it, that will be very difficult, too.

And of course, it is the peons and working stiffs who have to survive in the "free market". The titans of business enjoy corporate welfare on a much bigger scale than the welfare queens that right-wingers complain about. They just want to clean up every bit of cash they can for themselves.
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby jcjm » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:06 am

We still have a large slave population not only in the US private prisons that keep growing, but also the millions of us who are indentured servants of society, who are neither rich nor free, and will work until the day of our death, a slave to some corporation. There may be perceptions of various freedoms, but most of us are not.
... The only real solution I'm beginning to realize, is to get out the "free market" capitalist system completely, and go live in Alaska somewhere out in the wilderness.

These are both true but most people don't realize it, especially the younger generations. Their world consists of being upsold on the latest iPhone and living to make the monthly payments.
jcjm
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby jcjm » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:10 am

At this point I don't know what to think.

Every time he takes a step forward, he immediately takes 2 steps back.

He came off Monday sounding OK, letting the generals decide what was right in Afghanistan. Then the next day he goes to a rally bringing up the wall etc.

I don't know, does he have a split personality? Sometimes I just think he never intended to win and doesn't know what to do now that he has. Like the campaign was all one PR stunt to start a cable news channel. From the rally it seems like that is more where his head is than actually doing anything.
jcjm
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:55 pm

While not a fan of Howard Stern, he did make an insightful statement about that very thing.

Rump is a pathological liar. Might even have dementia. Certainly dwells in the world of delusion. The fact that he insists on things that straight out aren't true (like crowd size).

During his campaign, he swore he'd build a wall and we wouldn't pay for it. Now he is threatening a government shut down if they don't allocate the funds for the wall (our taxpayer money).

During his campaign, he swore he wouldn't be "out there playing golf every weekend" And yet, exactly how much money has he spent? Mind boggling. His supporters gloss over the fact that he OWNS the facilities that he is staying at and CHARGING us for his stay.

He is demanding records on people who are resisting his regime (website records, voter records). This is a violation of our rights. It is a Nazi move to intimidate and control the population. He is and supports racists. His violent language has emboldened the evil racists.

I do so hope he resigns, impeached or health fails. We need an adult in office. Pence is off the rails, but at least he isn't Rump.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Politics