Mitt Romney

Political discussions of any type are welcome here. All we ask is that you try to respect everyone's views, and that you use facts to back up any claims that you make.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: Mitt Romney

Postby jcjm » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:22 am

I think part of Mitt Romney's undoing was his speach to donors about the non-tax payers and the spin put on it.

What I heard was that you are not going to get votes from people who don't pay taxes, by telling them about tax cuts.

What the media ran with was, I don't care about them.

In this case perception won, partly because of the tone of his voice when saying it. His tone was saying I don't care about them, even if his message was I can't get them to vote for me by talking about tax cuts.

I think Romney's intent was to tell the group he was for tax cuts but he couldn't get elected by running on that alone, but no matter how he said it he still would have come off sounding like he didn't care about them because he probably didn't. He was only interested in their votes and I think that is why he didn't put up a bigger fight over this.

To me it was more of a subliminal thing. The feeling that came across when he said it, rather than the words he used.
jcjm
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby merk » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Maybe what you say is true about what he meant to say. Although for me it didn't really matter since I felt like he didn't really care about the people who don't vote for him even before this media bite came out. Hell, i don't think he cared that much about most of the people who DID vote for him either.

He strikes me as a VERY non-empathetic guy. I don't think he connects with average people at all. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the media didn't spin his words and if it was really as bad as it sounded.
My Blog http://blog.imerk.com
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tituba » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:13 pm

Yeah, it is hard to believe someone has a heart when they tie their dog's carrier to the top of a car and drive for hundreds of miles. The poor dog was so stressed, he got sick. His evil wife didn't even stop him. But, hey, that's OK. Just a dog...... :roll: I'm DELIGHTED that not only he lost, but that it came as a surprise to him.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:00 pm

Tituba wrote: ... it came as a surprise to him.

Cocky, egotistical people are like that. They act all surprised and offended if things don't go their way. It's a way to try and put us all back in our place, because how dare we not think they are the best? :)
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:32 pm

More than that. He said they reason he lost was because Obama had "bought" votes with giveaways. You can tell the character of someone with how they handle winning and losing.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:31 pm

Yeah, and Obama has the power to make the gas prices and unemployment rate go down just before the election. :)
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Politics