Mitt Romney

Political discussions of any type are welcome here. All we ask is that you try to respect everyone's views, and that you use facts to back up any claims that you make.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: Mitt Romney

Postby Tituba » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:53 pm

Rent the movie "The Dead Zone" The character that Martin Sheen plays is Mitt Romney! Watch the movie, you'll see why.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby RayofLight » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:14 pm

I didn't know how much Romney wasn't liked. It helps weed out the toads. However, it sounds like many of the Republicans don't like Newt's management style.

I
RayofLight
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Tituba » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:21 pm

He was governor of Mass and believe me, most of us HATE him. He was using the state as a platform to run for President. Kept leaving the state to promote himself and would come back for photo ops and take off again. He is a SLEAZE
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby RayofLight » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:14 am

Newt Gingrich doesn't sound much better. Oh please....don't give us Newt.
RayofLight
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby tui » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:39 am

Meanwhile, lurking under a flat stone is .... Crybaby Newt. The man who froze the government in a fit of pique.

However, it is rumoured that Willard Romney monstered him into a change of topic during a recent encounter. Is it true? And that, despite all, Romney (great breed of sheep, BTW) is the preferred candidate?

Why would anyone want to be known as either Mitt(ens) or Newt? It's a worry. :(
tui
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:07 am

I'm not voting for anyone. No lectures about it being my civic duty, privilege, etc. I have become so disillusioned and tired of being lied to. They are all liars.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby merk » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:20 am

I might do the same - or i guess i should say i might not-do the same ;p
My Blog http://blog.imerk.com
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tui » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:43 pm

Would this happen quickly enough to remove him from standing? Or would the wheels of justice and enquiry be clogged with dollars until the danger has passed?

"Meanwhile, Massachusetts has yet to investigate charges that when Mitt Romney voted in the state in 2010, he was actually living in California. Another Republican candidate asserted on The Rachel Maddow cable television show that Romney registered as living in the basement of his son's house after having sold his Massachusetts mansion and moved with his family to California.

That's fraud, punishable by up to five years in prison. Meanwhile, the GOP continues to pretend that there's widespread voter fraud consisting of people risking jail by showing up at a polling place to vote using someone else's name.

Massachusetts should not sweep this under the rug:
http://change.org/petitions/commonwealt ... 0-election"
tui
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby merk » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:52 pm

I doubt anything will happen from this - it's not scandalous enough to attract enough outrage so no one is going to bother to pursue it.
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mango » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:55 pm

tui wrote:Why would anyone want to be known as either Mitt(ens) or Newt? It's a worry. :(

:lol:

I share your worry. :D
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Fri May 11, 2012 6:51 am

Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby merk » Fri May 11, 2012 2:17 pm

I really hate bringing up incidents from when people were very young, but I have to say this guy really sounds like a cold hearted SOB. He does this to a classmate, fires people, sticks his dog on the roof. That kinda sounds like someone who really doesn't have any sort of sympathy or emotional connection with other human beings.

Doesn't really matter though - even if none of those things came to light, his policies are enough for me not to vote for him.
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GoCubbies » Thu May 17, 2012 6:36 pm

GoCubbies
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby merk » Fri May 18, 2012 3:50 pm

well at least it looks like he can do the right thing, at least some of the time :) I'm surprised I've never heard of this before - i'll give him another point in his favor if he's purposely not using this to try and get more votes.
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tituba » Fri May 18, 2012 4:40 pm

I live in Mass, where he was governor. He spent 75% of his time outside the state pursuing other ambitions. When he was here, he dumped Romneycare on us. Can't help but laugh how he tries to distance himself from "Obamacare", which is very much like what he did here.

Before he left office, he spent $100,00 of campaign money to replace all the hard drives to keep his records secret (so much for transparency)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/ ... 0X20111206

He likes to say he can create jobs. The truth is, state ranked 47th in job creation during his term. The unemployment rate fell only because people were leaving the workforce in droves during Romney’s term.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Politics