Mitt Romney

Political discussions of any type are welcome here. All we ask is that you try to respect everyone's views, and that you use facts to back up any claims that you make.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: Mitt Romney

Postby Tituba » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:37 am

Ah, see.....he is revealing himself

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ti ... 20153.html

Does it make any sense at all to insult your customers (voters) by saying 47% are losers.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby merk » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:53 pm

At least he's being honest about his feelings :)

It does make sense to him - he doesn't care if he insults 47% of the country, just as long as he gets 51% to support him. They are pretty much willing to burn whoever or whatever they need to in order to win. If they think hanging half the country to dry would get them the win, they'll do it.

What i find ironic is that the states that take the most in federal dollars compared to how much they give are mostly republican/conservative states.
My Blog http://blog.imerk.com
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tituba » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:41 pm

What i find ironic is that the states that take the most in federal dollars compared to how much they give are mostly republican/conservative states.

That is called hypocrisy. When he was governor here in Mass, he was an elitist and when he left office, he had all the hard drives destroyed so no one could check on the paper trail. No matter what you think of Obama and his success/failure on jobs, Romney would be so much worse.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Oh this is perfect. Under the title "payback is a bitch"

Turns out the person who took the video and released it was none other than President Carter's grandson. He did so because Romney dissed his grandfather.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby merk » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:51 pm

It's shame someone wasn't there to record his reaction when he found out that was released to the media.
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tituba » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:16 pm

What is so bad about what he said is that I don't know many people who at least once in their lives needed social support (collected unemployment) etc. Does that mean they are "victims" - losers? No, it means the government was there to get them through a rough patch. Not support them their entire lives. As for not paying income taxes. None of the military pay income taxes. Does that put them in the 47%? This is going to bother alot of people (even the rich) because they know at it's core, it is just plain mean. It is like kicking people when they are down. There are lots of people who worked for years and lost their jobs, their homes and their confidence. Many now have health issues to top it off. Imagine wanting someone to count on and having that person looking down on them like Romney did. He is going to lose. He deserves to lose.

It is absurd that anyone in the public eye is unaware that everyone has cameras and audio now.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby yonuh » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:46 am

And that 47% includes those on Social Security - I think the number was around 25%. Many of those on Social Security vote Republican - or at least they did. Now, some of them will still vote for Romney, but how many did he alienate with his comments? It was a stupid remark on his part; I don't think he has a clue about who makes up the people paying no income tax. It's just one more clue that Romney is out of touch with the people he wants to represent as President. And he has also said that fact-checking doesn't matter.
yonuh
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Tituba » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:21 am

Also, from a business standpoint, you don't insult your customers and expect them to do business with you. In this case the voters. If you have these thoughts, you keep them to yourself. The bottom line is that Romney (just like how he governed Massachusetts) doesn't consider the non-rich as relevant. For awhile, he put on the face and smiled and said the words. But his mask is dropping and the country is finally seeing what he really is about. Make no mistake, there is much about Obama's behavior I have big problems with. I live in Massachusetts and Romney was he worst governor in quite some time. As his ability to create jobs - consider the facts. During his term, Mass. sunk to 47th in jobs in the US.

Massachusetts. The place where you can't throw a rock without hitting a major university. Tons of people with degrees and high tech companies. Yet, people left Mass and even the long timers started calling us Taxachusetts. He levied so many taxes and fees while running around the country starting his Presidential bid. He wasn't interested in Mass. He was interested in what we could do for his future ambitions.

Did you know that a family of five making $50k a year is part of the 47%? That George Romney, Mitt's own father, collected welfare for a period of time when he came to this country?

I just hope those discouraged with the economy step back and take a real look at this slick elitist.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:31 am

Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:47 am

Our (female) director dressed as a "binder full of women" for Halloween.
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby merk » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:34 pm

I still think that quote was really just meaningless - but that is funny :)
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tituba » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:12 pm

The quote I liked was from the Daily Show "Obama may have disappointed, but Romney is a dick."
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:43 am

You have to think about where we'd be with McCain. I'd guess no better and maybe worse.
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:49 am

McCain didn't bother me as much as that idiot Palin
Tituba
Mega Poster