Palin

Political discussions of any type are welcome here. All we ask is that you try to respect everyone's views, and that you use facts to back up any claims that you make.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: Palin

Postby merk » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:40 pm

FYI, the Illinois state senate voted to hold impeachment hearings against blago. The vote was 113 to zero. I'm just mentioning this to emphasize why there wasn't much mention of blago on here. For me personally, i dont really feel much need to discuss what he did too much since it seems pretty certain he's going to pay for what he did. As far as i can tell, there's no party politics going on here since there were ZERO votes (and I'm very happy to hear there were zero votes) opposing impeachment. But when you look at the US senate - we can't even manage to get enough support to even vote on the issue of impeachment. And even if we could get enough support for their to be a vote, i have little hope that it wont go down party lines. This is what really ticks me off (and i think most of the other people on here). To further try and show you how i feel - until bush took office i didn't really have any animosity towards the republican party. I didn't agree with most of their views, but i didn't have any negative feelings about them. Since bush has been in office, the word republican leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I really dont know why they so blindly supported him. Maybe it was revenge for bill clinton's 'naughty' behavior in the white house and their inability to damage him from it? Or maybe they truly believe everything bush has done is for the best? I don't know. My opinion is that they were playing party politics and put their own political games above the best interests of the country. They were the ones in power, so of course we're going to raise a stink about stuff they do or don't do. Blago's a small player compared to them and no one is playing party politics with him. So i don't have any sense outrage or injustice. I will say after your last post I understand now why you were annoyed that we didn't mention blago. I didn't get what you were trying to say until that last post. But hopefully this will explain why (i think) there were no posts about him.
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jcjm » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:25 pm

Maybe there is more coverage here because we are bordering Illinois, and although Palin and Blagoyovich are both Governors with greater aspirations, Palin was the only one who actually was in the spotlight. Most of the National coverage on the story has to do with what if anything did any of the National figures have to do with the Governor while in Illinois politics. It probably wouldn't still be in the national news at all if Jesse Jackson Jr. and Obama weren't from Illinois.
jcjm
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby merk » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:09 pm

i typically rarely watch the news on tv - everything pretty much comes from online so 'regional' news doesn't apply so much to me. The closest i come to regional news is listening to NPR on the radio from a local broadcast station. And they have mentioned blago a few times. Although lately all i really hear is a short blurb with a quick update as to where things stand. Nothing in real detail - but i've only listened lately while in the car so i could be missing longer segments. I'm sure in IL this is big news. I would say if it happened in CA it would be big news, but that's probably not a fair comparison since the 'governator' is already nationally famous. All i can say about blago is i hope he gets locked away and anyone else who was helping with his schemes.
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Scenario Thinker » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:23 pm

I work in Illinois North of Chicago, and see Blagojevich's name plastered across the I-Pass overhead structure every time I drive under it (which is rare anymore since I almost always take the train). It's been a topic of gossip at work lately.
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:50 pm

Interesting blog about Palin's latest media coverage and her need to continue complaining http://punditmom1.blogspot.com/2009/01/ ... lping.html
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby jcjm » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:40 am

bump.

I'm bumping this because I couldn't find the one on Bush that went on for years, but this one points out the same thing.

Apparently it is OK to bash Republicans like Bush and Palin on a daily basis, but to point out how Democrats fall short twice a month, is too much and beating a dead horse, and ends up with a locked thread.

No one locked this thread which bashes Palin, or the multiple ones bashing Bush, but the one that points out Obama is falling short gets locked.

Its evident only liberal views are welcome here, and I don't have anything to contribute to the other forums anymore, so please delete me from the login. (preferably before there are any responses to this, because I won't be able to respond to them,)
jcjm
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby merk » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:10 pm

YOU update a thread that has been inactive for SIX MONTHS and then you claim we're only bashing republicans? You have nothing meaningful to contribute to these discussions. You aren't discussing anything. You are just coming here complaining about us not complaining.

Seriously, step back a minute and think about this. Think about what you are doing. What did you really expect to happen? No one here is posting love poems about obama. We're not here making posts every day singing his praises.

All you have done is complain about unemployment. You haven't really posted anything showing why you think unemployment should be lower or how anyone else in office would have made it lower. You're just throwing a tantrum. It's like a child being told his toy was ordered on amazon but it's going to take 5 days for the package to arrive and throwing a tantrum because he wants it right now.

And now all you do is complain about us not complaining. How about having an actual discussion? You were not pointing out how obama has fallen short. All you were doing was complaining about us not complaining. You weren't discussing anything. You were picking one or two topics and just repeating yourself over and over.

And seriously, you want to compare palin to obama? Palin is an idiot. She was woefully un-prepared to run for VP. She had plenty of problems in her own state. And as soon as the elections were over and she lost, she quit her job to go work for fox. You think that's ok?

Jcjm - if you want to say we're biased, pick someone else besides palin as your example because that's a lost cause.
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tituba » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:29 pm

jcjm - see Barbara's note to you. You're behavior has become troll-like.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=22330&start=300

I'm locking this thread
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Politics