Fox "news"

Political discussions of any type are welcome here. All we ask is that you try to respect everyone's views, and that you use facts to back up any claims that you make.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: Fox "news"

Postby merk » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:22 pm

http://www.dailykostv.com/w/001852/ Fox news (hannity) complaining about how abc is getting 'unprecendented' access to the white house - interspersed with clips from a few years ago as fox got 'unprecedented' access to the white house. Is ALL of fox news like this? Or is it just hannity and o'reilly that are this two-faced?
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JeannetteLS » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:32 pm

I've tried watching Fox news at different times of day, wondering if it was like MSNBC--Morning Joe has a good deal of conservative opinion, but prime is DEFINITELY the left's domain. They had ONE left wing guy on some show, but he is gone now. They seem pretty much to present their opinions against all things left of center throughout the day--and often with great vitriole. Take the position on budget deficits. No problem when Bush was in office, but they are oh-so concerned now. And any talk against our foreign policy was seen as dangerous, irresponsible and unpatriotic. Then there is the treatment of Hillary Clinton, when they thought she was going to win. It was vile--whether one likes her or not, their attacks were sexist, degrading and horrendous. But when the media attacked Governor Palin? Outraged cries of sexism. Fox is Fox is Fox. At least that's how I see them. Two-faced and without any sense that they need to even touch on fact sometimes. NOT ALWAYS, but enough of the time so I would never watch them as a source for anything I care about.
JeannetteLS
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby merk » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:04 pm

I just wonder if maybe some of their other 'news' is a little more center, since it seems to always be hannity and oreilly that win the cake for being the biggest <insert your favorite insulting term here>. I've seen some of their other shows commit what i consider to be blatantly biased reporting, but it mainly seems to be those two guys who get the spotlight.
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tituba » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:04 am

Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby DJCNOR » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:34 am

Hannity and O'Reily? If you want to see Fox at it worst, try Glenn Beck. He is McCarthy and all the other extremist media "leaders" reborn, absolutely rabid! And, like Rush Limbaugh, he has a certain population of rapid follwers convinced that everything he says is unquestionable gospel. I keep telling folks that question whether Fox is really as bad as I'm saying to spend some time comparing how a variety of other new media handle a particular story versus Fox. Fox is in a classlessness of its own. D
DJCNOR
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Tituba » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:26 am

Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Politics