sarah pallin signs on as regular contributor on FOX news

Political discussions of any type are welcome here. All we ask is that you try to respect everyone's views, and that you use facts to back up any claims that you make.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: sarah pallin signs on as regular contributor on FOX news

Postby jcjm » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:58 pm

I tend to think she is getting more than a retired General who is a consultant also. But the ET report made it sound like there was a standard payment (like when you appear on Leno everyone gets the "union scale") There has to be something going on here, just not sure what. My intuition says its either for money or exposure.
jcjm
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Did you see the interview she had with Glenn Beck! Ha! He asked her who her favorite founding father was and she went all deer in headlights. Studdered and finally came up with a name. Guess he "ambushed" her like Katie Courac did when she ask what books she read. How anyone with a brain could possibly see her as presidential material. jeez.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:14 pm

She could said, "My father did NOT fondle me!". That would have been one for the record books. :)
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby DJCNOR » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:31 am

I just have to ask. Who did Sarah Palin identify as her favorite founding father. I assume that Glenn Beck, seeing how she had trouble coming up with any, didn't follow up with the "Why that one?" question. D Edit: I looked it up and here is a link to how the exchange went. http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ng-father/ I swear that the reason some people like her is that everything she says sounds like the sentences in a book written for second graders. D
DJCNOR
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby merk » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:28 pm

I dont know why but for some reason there seems to be a popular emphasis lately on electing leaders who are VERY common and looking at someone who is exceptional as though that's a bad thing. How many times have commentators said 'elite' as though it's a dirty word? Wouldn't you want the elite - the best - as your leaders? I think that's why people like her - for basically the same reason they liked bush. He seems very non-elite.
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tituba » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:05 am

I don't see how anyone (right or left) thinks this woman is qualified to be the President. I mean really - she can't even get through a question/answer period with an audience filled with those who worship at her Pradas. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/0 ... 54744.html How you suppose she'd manage North Korea? Time for the Republicans to get serious and find a candidate that isn't a joke. Brown may be your best bet.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby merk » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:37 am

Wow - i hadn't seen the full clip. I didn't think it was possible for my opinion of her to get any lower. I was wrong. notes on her hand? seriously? I had to watch it twice because at first i thought it was something they were making up. What's wrong with this country that so many people idolize someone like that? An idiot and hypocrite.
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Scenario Thinker » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:48 am

I guess we've got a lot of idiots in this country who are voting age. :)
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:07 am

Don't miss the part where she makes fun of Obama for using a teleprompter and then she looks at her hand with notes. She is a hypocrite and incompetent. There are so many more qualified women that could be President (Madeline Albright for one) Wondering if Tina Fey will be appearing on SNL soon with notes
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby RayofLight » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:28 pm

Only in America will a woman with no clue and no talent get to run for President. And people are bashing Obama who has inherited one heck of a mess.
RayofLight
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby merk » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:15 pm

What really bugs me is how people say he's 'elite' as though elite is a bad word. Do we now want the dumbest and least competent person as our leader? What the hell happened to america supposedly being the best of the best? So america is elite, but its leader has to be dumber then dumb??
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Politics