A new world

Political discussions of any type are welcome here. All we ask is that you try to respect everyone's views, and that you use facts to back up any claims that you make.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

A new world

Postby tapit123 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:36 pm

One of my favorite philosophers once said (during the Great Depression of the 1930s), "What we need to do now is to create a new world in the shell of the old". Her companion, an old French fellow who'd seen it all, added, "I want a change from a society of go-getters to a society of go-givers."
It's given me a lot to think about- especially lately.
So- if you could change just one thing in your immediate world by giving instead of getting, what would it be? I'd love to hear suggestions!
tapit123
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: A new world

Postby merk » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:03 am

actually, i'd do sort of the opposite - the one thing i'd change would be to prevent people from giving our politicians money or any other sort of donations/gifts.
My Blog http://blog.imerk.com
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A new world

Postby tui » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:51 am

A fresh start for the 99% without all the 'isms' from last century. And the departure of the current monetary system - except for those who like to play that game.

Different and very affordable trainings for people who need to reskill, upskill, gain experience so they can start or continue to contribute in the ways that seem best to them.

Cast out fear and help the growth of inner pride and confidence.

(Good thoughts to carry into the next year. Thanks for the provocation.)

PS merk - totally agree. And an end to taxpayer funding for party political broadcasts would be a good idea, too. And, since I'm on a rant, a clear end to stupid adversarial administration based on centuries' old traditions for use by much smaller populations. Parliamentary reform NOW!!! :roll: (We can but hope and stir and agitate...)
tui
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Politics