Hillary Clinton

Political discussions of any type are welcome here. All we ask is that you try to respect everyone's views, and that you use facts to back up any claims that you make.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Hillary Clinton

Postby inspiresuccess » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:37 pm

I'm a 61-year-old woman. I didn't know if I'd live long enough to see this.

A woman has finally been nominated for President of the United States of America by a major political party. This is a huge deal for me, for her, for Democrats, and for the country.

Inspire Success
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Hillary Clinton

Postby SquarePeg » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:08 pm

It is an amazing milestone, 96 years after US women obtained the right to vote.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s ... ted_States
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:31 pm

https://society6.com/product/feminism-a ... 144p4a1v45

When you consider that Hillary's mother was born a year before we got the vote, this is indeed the smashing of a glass ceiling. Doesn't matter how you feel about her politics, honesty, etc. etc. Years from now, college students will study how we either embraced or vilified this woman.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby jcjm » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:01 am

Thought her concession speech was elegant and eloquent.

I have to say I was more moved by this than I would have been if Trump had been making a concession speech.

She does have heart and is a fighter. It had to be very hard for her to give that speech.
jcjm
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:07 pm

No one believes the Clinton's hands were clean, but at least she isn't insane. Do I wish the first woman president was a shining example of integrity? Sure. But politics is dirty business and only a certain type of person gets involved. Everyday you read about some other awful thing about Trump (how the KKK thinks this is great, how Putin admits being in touch with the campaign, how he owes China a ton of money, how in a couple of weeks he is on trial for racketeering and on and on). Rolling back the real progress this country has made in human rights, health care and the environment is a crime. Hate crimes are already on the rise since the election. The bigots now have permission. Just maybe he'll find himself impeached for his crimes. Pence is just as bad. This election has divided people and ended relationships. It isn't about being a sore loser. It is about not accepting bigotry, hatred and all the ugly things this man brings to the table.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:58 pm

For those who supported Hillary Clinton, and who also support Planned Parenthood, here is something you might be interested in:

https://www.yahoo.com/style/feminist-fa ... 34973.html
Last edited by inspiresuccess on Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:03 pm

To show a sign of support for all the people targeted by Trump and his followers, join the safety pin movement:

https://www.yahoo.com/style/why-people- ... 21653.html
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:36 am

Thanks, IS, I was wondering about all the safety pin profile pics on facebook. But I was too lazy to ask. :)
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:43 am

In the Election topic, I posted some links to a summary report on the FBI's investigation into Clinton's private email server. The FBI vindicated her (twice). But the report still troubled me. As this is a positive thread about Clinton, I'll just leave it that she doesn't deserve to be called "crooked" just because her staff set up that server. But anyone wanting to know all the details of this issue as reported by a non-partisan group should check it out.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:52 am

In the Election topic, I posted some links to a summary report on the FBI's investigation into Clinton's private email server. The FBI vindicated her (twice). But the report still troubled me. As this is a positive thread about Clinton, I'll just say that she doesn't deserve to be called "crooked" just because her staff set up that server and leave it at that. But anyone wanting to know all the details of this issue as reported by a non-partisan group should check it out.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Politics