What is the truth?

Political discussions of any type are welcome here. All we ask is that you try to respect everyone's views, and that you use facts to back up any claims that you make.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: What is the truth?

Postby jcjm » Sun May 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Nothing new here.

Most of the media still putting a spin on the news instead of reporting it.

At least we expect a spin from the politicians, but the news outlets just don't get that they are suppose to report not make news.

As weird as Trump's antics are, I would probably tweet instead of going to the "news" outlets if I were in his place. With the tweets you can see exactly what was said instead of having a third party reinterpret what it meant.
jcjm
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby jcjm » Sun May 21, 2017 2:08 pm

I'm tired of hearing about the Comey memo when no one has even seen it.

I'm also tired of hearing about how HILLARY GOT THE POPULAR VOTE. Its like saying your team should have won the World Series because they got the most hits or strike outs. Its not hits, home runs, strikeouts or anything else but RUNS that determine the outcome. In an election its electoral votes not popular votes. Falling back on the popular vote is lame and without substance and is what the loser does to distract from the fact they got beat.
jcjm
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby jcjm » Fri May 26, 2017 12:55 pm

Media still going for the jugular on Trump, but not really doing much damage.

More and more people are just tuning them out.

The media is making Trump seem more intelligent than he really is by providing examples of media bias and fake news.

On another note, I saw some of CNN's coverage of Hillary doing the commencement speech at he former college.

Really CNN, you cover the loser's speech but only outtakes of the winners (the flubs).

And the news media wonders why people say they are slanted and are tuning out.
jcjm
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby jcjm » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:37 pm

Some recent truths for me:

1)Yeah Russia tried to affect the election as they did since 1960, with us and others. What's new here? They do this to us and everybody else and I guess we do it to them as well. Why are we wasting money to find out what we knew in 1960? We just need to put in practice current technology before the next election.

2)Everybody has an agenda and politicians on either side aren't in it to help us.

3)Obamacare is a mess because of both parties. One for putting in a flawed law, the other for saying they wanted to repeal and replace when all they wanted to do was repeal.(if they wanted to replace why don't they have something after 7 years.)

4) Most of the media is biased. They show their bias by what they choose not to report on, just as much as what they choose to report on.

5) The old media is dying and being replaced with internet media. They are fighting the inevitable, but not going down without trying to relive the past. The days where the New York Times and Walter Cronkite ruled. What they said was gold.
jcjm
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Politics