wishcraft web site suggestion

Something you love about this web site? Say it here. Something you hate... well, i guess you can say that here too :)

Moderators: alexg, BarbaraSher, Tituba

Postby Scenario Thinker » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:17 am

Toto, It depends on your screen resolution. I can see the entire web page at once including the "Leave no dreamer behind!" at the bottom.
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby merk » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:22 pm

anyone with a screen resolution of 1024x768 will probably be able to see the text below the image unless they have their browser window set very small for some reason. If you have your screen resolution at 800x600 or lower, then you'll have to scroll down. It wouldn't make much sense in my opinion to design a webpage for that low a resolution. Most PC's today are set at 1024x768 at least. however, i'd suggest you email your comments to barbara. She might agree with you.
My Blog http://blog.imerk.com
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby toto » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:42 pm

merk wrote:anyone with a screen resolution of 1024x768 will probably be able to see the text below the image unless they have their browser window set very small for some reason. If you have your screen resolution at 800x600 or lower, then you'll have to scroll down. It wouldn't make much sense in my opinion to design a webpage for that low a resolution. Most PC's today are set at 1024x768 at least. however, i'd suggest you email your comments to barbara. She might agree with you.
My computer can display higher resolutions, but I set it to 800x600 (its minimum) specifically because I have a 17" monitor and my desktop looks too damn small if I don't. I am 29 years old and as far as I know I have perfect vision. I realize that most people (including myself) have higher resolution screens, but I am not convinced that everyone uses their higher resolution. In any case, this is really a trivial issue and I don't want to make a big deal out of it. Only a minority will view the web page in a low resolution and only a subset of that minority won't scroll down the page. The reason I originally posted this thread is because I didn't even realize that other people were viewing it at a different resolution than I was, so I won't bother to email Barbara about it. Thanks for the feedback.
toto
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby toto » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:50 pm

Thanks Merk, I have Windows XP, I'll give this a try when I get a chance.
toto
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Website Comments