List of tweaks for new board

Something you love about this web site? Say it here. Something you hate... well, i guess you can say that here too :)

Moderators: alexg, BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: List of tweaks for new board

Postby Scenario Thinker » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:03 pm

merk wrote:you might want to try out the prosilver theme - that includes a little button in the upper right corner that lets you change the font size of the board between 3 different sizes.
I didn't like prosilver at first (mainly because the avatars are on the right instead of left), so I switched to subsilver2. But, then I didn't like how small everything was, so I decided to switch back to prosilver and get over it :) . AND, I discovered the 3 type sizes and I like the largest! Although, when you link to a particular post, it's a little off in the positioning, but I just scroll a little down and I find it (the smallest type size is OK in that regard).
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby merk » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:52 pm

another trick for changing font size, and this will work on any site with firefox and IE - open whatever site and hold down the ctrl key and move the wheel on your mouse. It should zoom the page in and out.
My Blog http://blog.imerk.com
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Scenario Thinker » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:10 pm

merk wrote:another trick for changing font size, and this will work on any site with firefox and IE - open whatever site and hold down the ctrl key and move the wheel on your mouse. It should zoom the page in and out.
Cool! I've noticed this in Excel several times when I'm trying to hold the control key down and click on several cells, and then try to scroll down the page with the mouse wheel to get at cells below not in view, but when it happened, I just thought it was changing the size of Excel's cells, not that it was a general Windows function (I just tried it, it also works in Word).
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:30 am

Hi Merk, I'm discovering all new things that are on the boards each day and just want to say thanks e.g. how many posts in a thread. Of course that may have been there before and I just didn't notice :)
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby NoPlaceLikeHome » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Haven't been here in a while, but the new board looks great! Am currently trying to decide between prosilver and subsilver2, and will also try to familiarize myself with the new features, but hope to start participating a bit more. Just curious though. Have you noticed any change in participation levels since introducing the new board?
NoPlaceLikeHome
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby dolores1 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:46 pm

ever so often I find a thread I would like to save, so I could go back and re-read it again. I can't figure out how. I saw somethimg called bookmarks in user control panel, but it only seemed to tell me how to delete a bookmark. There probably is a way, I just can't figure it out. Help please.
dolores1
New Poster
New Poster

Postby merk » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:56 am

dolores1 wrote:ever so often I find a thread I would like to save, so I could go back and re-read it again. I can't figure out how. I saw somethimg called bookmarks in user control panel, but it only seemed to tell me how to delete a bookmark. There probably is a way, I just can't figure it out. Help please.
scroll to the bottom of the topic and you should see a link to bookmark the thread. You can also just bookmark it in your browser. pressing ctrl-d while the page is in the browser window should add it to your browser bookmarks.
My Blog http://blog.imerk.com
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Website Comments