People who don't post

Something you love about this web site? Say it here. Something you hate... well, i guess you can say that here too :)

Moderators: alexg, BarbaraSher, Tituba

People who don't post

Postby Unity » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:33 am

I've often been curious how the challenges threads get a lot of views when there are only a few of us posting. I guess that the regular members read it although they don't join in. Then I decided to look up how many registered members had never posted a single time and after trawling through 97 and a half pages, was astonished to discover there were 4,861 :!:
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: People who don't post

Postby Scenario Thinker » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:32 am

Unity, have you ever seen the post count thread? Here's the latest compilation I did: viewtopic.php?p=200983#p200983 As you've probably experienced, there are very few long term posters. There are also steady posters who are consistently active now, but they just replace posters who were here a year or two ago who were also very active, but are no longer here (or at least posting). Of course it's very hard to tell the "lurkers". Ah, the fickle internet. They're all on Facebook and Twitter now anyhow. :)
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: People who don't post

Postby Unity » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:57 am

Hi ST I also looked at the post count and I'm no 3 after Barbara and Tituba but not that long ago you were ahead of me. I have noticed that for quite a while there are not many of us old regulars on the board, unless you count the politics thread which I don't use.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Website Comments