Problem with PMs?

Something you love about this web site? Say it here. Something you hate... well, i guess you can say that here too :)

Moderators: alexg, BarbaraSher, Tituba

Problem with PMs?

Postby MoreMagic » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:07 am

Hi Merk, Tituba, et al moderators: I have been trying to reply to a PM from Barbara, and after I hit "submit" I got the message that my reply has been successfully sent, but then it showed up in my Outbox only and not in my Sentmail file. I thought maybe there was a delay in the actual transmission, but its been more than 24 hours and the message is still in my Outbox. When Itried to PM Merk with this question, the same thing happened. Does this mean my messages haven't gone through? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks! MoreMagic
MoreMagic
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Problem with PMs?

Postby merk » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:07 pm

It just means it hasn't been read yet. Send yourself a PM and you'll see what i mean.
My Blog http://blog.imerk.com
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MoreMagic » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:24 pm

Oh. Thanks. :oops:
MoreMagic
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Unity » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:03 pm

Merk, that's interesting, I never knew that. I've got some from years ago in my outbox and I wondered about it.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby merk » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:27 pm

Unity wrote:Merk, that's interesting, I never knew that. I've got some from years ago in my outbox and I wondered about it.
well now you know :) I cant recall if the previous version of the bulletin board had this or if it's just the current version. it's possible if those were sent before we upgraded to the latest version that the status of those messages might not be accurate. Then again if the person never replied to them, maybe the status is accurate :)
merk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Website Comments