Caterpillar/Butterfly

Share anything that has inspired you from Barbara's (or anyone else's)books.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Caterpillar/Butterfly

Postby MyWord » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:41 pm

Hello, I don't recall the name of the author of the following quote to give attribution: "A caterpillar must die before a butterfly can be born" I am new to this board. After reading many of other members posts and inspirational stories, I feel like I am among a swarm of beautiful butterflies. To me, the quote means one must be willing to change, shed old habits and emerge out of constraints to soar. Very Best Regards, MyWord
MyWord
New Poster
New Poster

Postby MDG » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:48 pm

Well said, MyWord! Isn't it wonderful that we can?! Welcome to the wonderful world of Barbara Sher! Mahara
Last edited by MDG on Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby MyWord » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:13 am

Hello MDG, Yes, it is wonderful we are blessed to have run across the path of such a wise woman. I first saw her on PBS a couple of days ago. Can't believe I had never heard of her before. I have now purchased one of her books to begin learning more about this special person. Regards, Sarah
MyWord
New Poster
New Poster

Postby MyWord » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:35 pm

Hello Tituba, I didn't know Barbara was not widely known, I thought it was just me who had missed learning about such an enlightening individual. As for how one could make it happen, that Barbara would be invited to be interviewed by Larry King, contingent upon her desire to do that as well, I would think possibly a thread, or forum section here where members could post testimonials about how Barbara has changed their lives for the better. Once all those testimonials were compiled they could be sent to CNN for the producers of the Larry King show to review. I would think that would get their attention and possibly an invitation. Regards, Sarah
MyWord
New Poster
New Poster

Postby MyWord » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:41 pm

Hello Mahara, So sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your post on 6/20/04. I am in the Dubai, UAE preparing for the grand opening of UpScale & Posh. I am a partner in this business, so if you post to me again, please know I am unable to visit this forum, which I absolutely love, as frequently as I did before leaving America, but will check here as often as I can. Here is a link to the website I designed for UpScale & Posh through my design firm if you would like to learn more about the business we are opening: [url]http://www.upscaleandposh.com[url] You asked me in your 6/20/04 post: "I like your thinking, Sarah. The Larry King show would be a fine place for Barbara to appear. Do you agree that he seems to keep up with stories from the past, as well as the new and current?" I personally think Larry King and his producers explore any topic, past or present, just like any of the other talk shows that bring them the greatest ratings. If the campaign of gathering testimonials from individuals whose lives have been changed by following Barbara's advice, combined with published articles like the one you mentioned from Oprah and send this package to Larry King's producers, I do think it could get Barbara an invitation on his show. Again, as I mentioned in a previous post, Barbara herself would need to be consulted to see if she would even be interested in exploring an interview on Larry King. I like your name Mahara, it sounds Arabic. Thank you for your compliment regarding my ideas. You sound like a very kind and caring individual. Regards, Sarah [/url]
MyWord
New Poster
New Poster

Return to Pick your Favorite Quote