Words of Wisdom relocates

Share anything that has inspired you from Barbara's (or anyone else's)books.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Words of Wisdom relocates

Postby BarbaraSher » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:39 pm

BarbaraSher.com Barbara Sher Forums FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Words of Wisdom BarbaraSher.com Forum Index -> Wishes and Obstacles View previous topic :: View next topic Author Message Cassandra Experienced Poster Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 73 Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:38 pm Post subject: Words of Wisdom -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I read a great quote just now that I'd never heard which made me want to ask the wise folks on this board if they know of any others which are inspiring, that have inspired you...I love quotes like these. They help me get through it all. The greatest thing you'll ever learn- is just to love, and be loved in return. Back to top Tituba Mega Poster Joined: 29 Jul 2003 Posts: 4035 Location: Boston Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:52 pm Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- There is a whole forum devoted to quotes. The Wishes forum is for your wish/obstacle. Back to top Cassandra Experienced Poster Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 73 Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:56 pm Post subject: quotes -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Actually my "wish" is to find some great quotes. Back to top imading New User Joined: 11 Jan 2006 Posts: 3 Location: LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:17 pm Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, this verse from the Bible always inspires me, hope you like it " Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? run in such a way that you may obtain it. Corinthians 9:2 Back to top pattyn Veteran Poster Joined: 05 Aug 2004 Posts: 699 Location: Eastern PA Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:04 pm Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is the one I carry with me at all times: People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character. - Ralph Waldo Emerson _________________ - Patty Success Teams Leader Doylestown, PA Back to top butterfly Experienced Poster Joined: 13 Oct 2005 Posts: 53 Location: Canada Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:57 pm Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Oh gosh, I've got many favorite quotes. Here are a few.... "There are costs and risks to a program of action, but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction." -- John F. Kennedy “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” - Walt Disney "LIFE'S JOURNEY is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit, what a ride!" - Mavis Leyrer age 83 "If you insist on measuring yourself, place the tape around your heart rather than your head." - Carol Trabelle "No one could make a bigger mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." - Edmund Burke "Do not compare yourself with others, for you are a unique and wonderful creation. Make your own beautiful footprints in the snow." -Anonymous "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." - Thoreau "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." -Winston Churchill "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson "Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like there's nobody watching." - Anonymous "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu "Anyone who thinks they are too small to make a difference has never been in bed with a mosquito." - Dalai Lama "Within you is a divine capacity to manifest and attract all that you need or desire." - Wayne Dyer Back to top Tricky Grama Experienced Poster Joined: 16 Nov 2005 Posts: 113 Location: Plano, TX Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:04 am Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- These 2 come to mind- Cherish your visions & your dreams as they are the children of your soul: the blueprints of your ultimate accomplishments. -Napoleon Hill To waste, to destroy our natural resources, to skin & exhaust the land instead of using it so as to increase its usefulness will result in undermining the days of our children the very prosperity which we ought by right to hand down to them. -Theodore Roosevelt Patty _________________ The meaning of life is inherent in the connectons we make to others through honor and obligation. Back to top winter Experienced Poster Joined: 02 Dec 2005 Posts: 70 Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:05 am Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- When a person has reason to cry out, and he wishes to cry out, but he cannot cry out, this is the greatest of cries. Words of wisdom. Back to top BarbaraSher Mega Poster Joined: 22 Jul 1999 Posts: 4445 Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:27 am Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lovely stuff. But it's in the wrong forum. Move it over to the right one (see Tituba's post at the top) and I'll delete this topic on Monday. Back to top Cassandra Experienced Poster Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 73 Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:17 pm Post subject: words of wisdom -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- thank you for your replies. I don't know how to "move the post". I looked on the site and did not see instructions on how to do this. I will if someone can clue me in. thanks Back to top Display posts from previous: All Posts1 Day7 Days2 Weeks1 Month3 Months6 Months1 Year Oldest FirstNewest First BarbaraSher.com Forum Index -> Wishes and Obstacles All times are GMT - 5 Hours Page 1 of 1 Jump to: Select a forum Forums----------------Barbara Sher's Schedule of EventsWishes and ObstaclesSuccess StoriesDoing Good in the WorldFreebies & DonationsSuccess Stories from Registered Success Team LeadersDeep (or Shallow) DiscussionsGeneral DiscussionRegistered Success Team LeadersIdea PartiesJobs & Income StreamsInteresting FindsNeeds and LinksKilim WomenRefuse to Choose: The Forum for ScannersRave ReviewsPick your Favorite QuoteInformal Success TeamsWebsite CommentsFrench ForumTurkish ForumSpanish ForumGerman ForumItalian Forum (Discussioni in italiano)Forum Brasil You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

words of wisdom

Postby Cassandra » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:34 pm

thank you.
Cassandra
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Return to Pick your Favorite Quote