satisfied just to feel OK

Share anything that has inspired you from Barbara's (or anyone else's)books.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

satisfied just to feel OK

Postby dhammapal » Tue May 23, 2006 3:08 am

“Chronically negative people seem to expect more happiness out of life than ordinary people! You’d think a chronically down person would be satisfied just to feel okay, but often he’s not. He doesn’t seem to know that most of us don’t walk around in a state of bliss every second of the day – and we don’t have any problem with that.” From p261 “I Could do anything if only I knew what it was”
dhammapal
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Tituba » Tue May 23, 2006 6:45 am

That is so true. I guess it is the "glass half empty or full" difference. I remember reading a Holocaust survivor's story and he said the only thing the Nazi's couldn't control was their attitude. So, he choose to feel hopefully about his future. I find that people who understand that they can choose how to feel also progress with their dreams. Those that enjoy wallowing in self pity just stay that way. What is interesting is how when you encourage the negative people how angry they get because you don't agree about their limitations.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Tue May 23, 2006 4:46 pm

Tituba wrote:What is interesting is how when you encourage the negative people how angry they get because you don't agree about their limitations.
Because they want to be right.
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Pick your Favorite Quote