GiniDee Quotes

Share anything that has inspired you from Barbara's (or anyone else's)books.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

GiniDee Quotes

Postby Tituba » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:25 pm

GiniDee posted 4579 times on this board and said had some very important, loving and supportive insights. I'm creating this thread so if you run across something in one of her posts you can put it here.
I'd like to hear God say - "Here, Gini - Have some cookies. Now we can start the festivities! You did more than I asked, so it's time to PARTY!!!Loved the seascape, by the way... and those landscapes were pretty neat, too!
GiniDee
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: GiniDee Quotes

Postby Scenario Thinker » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:40 pm

Tituba wrote:GiniDee posted 4579 times on this board
viewtopic.php?p=150885#p150885
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:22 pm

More GiniDee quotes from various threads:
Two things occur to me: Barbara has said, "treating yourself like a precious object makes you stronger." In my experience that's really true. Do whatever you need to do to be kind to YOU. That's top priority. Secondly, these chaotic situations will continue to occur, and possibly escalate, until you figure out what's happening, process how you respond, and resolve your issues around stress and work. Look at them as opportunities to observe what's true for you, and work out ways to avoid and/or alleviate the stress and burnout. There's a lesson in here somewhere, as with any repetitive negative situation. Once you learn it, you won't need to have any more lessons in that vein. But don't worry - something else will pop up, trust me on that.
I too believe that my art is my Voice of God, and that I am truly privileged to be given such beauty to create. How can anyone have this much fun sitting up? However, seems to me the real test will be if someone does NOT like your work, and you can still feel good. After all, art is very subjective, and the validation you most need is from yourself. No one else's opinion matters as much (unless they are giving you money). Even then, you're the boss of your art and life. You choose how to feel. Believe in yourself and keep on trucking. You wouldn't be given those magical images to produce unless you were "worthy". You don't need to earn that- just enjoy it!
Sending you many good wishes and hopes for the best possible outcome. There is no such thing as coincidence, you know. Gini
As for deserving a great year, we all do, just for being here. I don't think we have to earn anything. Just enjoy or accept whatever comes up, even the nasty stuff. There's always a lesson or a treat to be had.
I'm grateful for my life, and still being in it. I love what I do, and appreciate being able to do it for many hours each day. I'm also extremely grateful for frozen blueberries with heavy cream and double churned ice cream. YUM! Not to mention White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies from Pepperidge Farm. Double YUM. Happy New Year all!
Audrey, you asked how I developed peace of mind, joy and gratitude. It's really just a matter of noticing and acknowledging the good things that happen every day. There are always good things, if you are paying attention. I cherish every one of them. After 40 years of doing stuff to make money, I finally got to be who I really am, which involves creating art. For that alone, I am truly grateful. I get to do what I love every day, no matter how healthy or unhealthy I am. Every moment is a blessing. I have lived twice as long as my parents predicted I would, which is another blessing. I may be ill and weak, but I'm still here. As someone said, "Every day above ground is a triumph."
I too believe that true success is a state of mind - and soul. For me, being able to do what I want, on my own terms, with peace of mind and much joy is a big part of success. Freedom is also success to my mind. Having enough of what you really need - time, health, energy, laughter, love, food, clothes, shelter, right livelihood, fun and money- works for me!
My best friend once told me that I lived the most creative life she had ever seen, not because of my art (which I was not doing then), but because I take a creative and often novel approach to everything from setting the table to flower arranging to cleaning the house. I love trying new stuff and seeing how I can do old stuff better. That's all creativity is about at any level. Gotta love that!
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:33 pm

Sorry I wasn't around earlier, but I'm here now. At different times in my life, I have enjoyed the services of therapists, psychics, shamans, clairvoyants, life coaches, channelers, acupuncturists, tarot readers, psychics, spiritualists, metatherapists, soul retrievers, intuitives, medical intuitives, sensitives, and many more. To me, each has his or her own purpose, and specific areas where I feel they can be of help to me. Mostly they help me clarify things I need to see from a perspective I do not consciously have. I have never gone to anyone who had absolutely nothing of value to bring to my life. I don't depend on any of them to the point where my own thinking and experience are obscured. I'm a flake at heart, but a fairly down-to-earth flake with a modicum of common sense. If something another person says does not resonate with my own inner sense of self and life, I ignore it. If it does, I think about it, and test it in my own reality. I always enjoy seeing what new perspectives someone else can bring to my thinking. It's fun to explore. And sometimes it's really valuable.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby AVATC » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:04 pm

I'm so sorry to learn about GiniDee's passing. She was a wise and kind soul who was a great comfort to me when I lost my dad. I have saved a July 2004 private message from her about grieving him in which she wrote to me:
We have to trust the people in our lives who love us, and be there for them as much as we can. But the people in our lives who love us have to include US. Our own selves. So work on being there for you, and on becoming your own biggest fan. I promise to do the same.
Karen Commins
http://www.KarenCommins.com
My audiobooks on Audible.com: http://goo.gl/3A5Mu6
AVATC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:46 pm

This isn't a quote, but I seemed to get a connection with Gini as she zoomed up in post count and started posted in my thread for when I hit a "paltry" 250 posts. I set the link to the top of page 3 here: viewtopic.php?p=126035#p126035 , but there are more from her in the rest of the thread, showing her humor and her way with words.
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby KyleM » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:45 pm

Here is something Gini Dee said on a post about whether there were any "second acts" in life (beyond a certain age):
Age is a state of mind like enoughness. If you want to feel chronologically-challenged you can do it at age 19 as well as at 79. Teenagers commit suicide too. If you don't, you won't. I've reinvented myself several times since age 50, including once starting from scratch. I rebuild what I want every time, but I don't know if that meets your criteria. I don't have to be wealthy, but I live well, and I'm never poor, even when I'm broke. I liked what I was doing even before I found this latest rebuild into living a life I love, doing what I love. I did it well, and people were happy with my work, and paid me well for it. Never hesitated to leave husbands when we outgrew each other. That's kindness in the end. Never asked them for anything, just continued to support myself and children as I had all along. Rebuilding every time. It's an ongoing process I believe. Anyone who stops growing and rebuilding is probably already dead and doesn't know it. That's nothing to do with age. You can choose to live one year over and over eighty times, or eighty completely different years. It's all in your mind anyhow. If there were no second acts in American life (or third or fifteenth), I probably would have been dead at age 20.
KyleM
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Vict » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:56 pm

From Gini 9/21/2003 But I'd still rather look forward than back - what I've been isn't nearly as much fun as what I'm about to become - whatever that is! And with everything she had already been, that was saying something! And she was right!
Vict
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby soni » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:35 pm

Did you grab the "cookies" quote from her profile? "My idea of a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand." Also, here is a search for her "hermit crab" references on this board, which I always found amusing and sooo like her. Might be something usable there: http://tinyurl.com/2m4slq
Soni Pitts Personal blog (not always safe for work) http://sonipitts.com/blog
soni
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:48 am

If God wanted us all to walk, why did He allow cabs and subways?
There's nothing worse than ruining a perfectly good cookie - unless it is ruining several
Well, I'm taking two days to do the Great Horizontal Hermit Crab Detox. It consists of lying in bed surrounded by bottles of spring water with a bit of orange juice added for the blood sugar, and reading every single book of humor I own - S.J. Perelman, Erma Bombeck, Jack Vance, the 12-book Thieves' World Series, James Thurber, the Harry Harrison novels, a smidge of Robert Benchley and Dorothy Parker, some P.G. Wodehouse, and my all-time fave, The Portable Curmudgeon. That way I can laugh my *ss off while I'm detoxing as well!
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Pick your Favorite Quote