Risk

Share anything that has inspired you from Barbara's (or anyone else's)books.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Risk

Postby punkmebillie » Sun May 31, 2009 9:43 am

"Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first" --Frederick B. Wilcox "Waiting is a trap. There will always be reasons to wait. The truth is, there are only two things in life; reasons and results, and reasons simply don't count." --Dr. Robert Anthony "When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell; leap!" --Cynthia Heimel
"I'm betting that I'm just abnormal enough to survive." -- The Tick
punkmebillie
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: Risk

Postby Unity » Sun May 31, 2009 11:30 am

I agree with those quotes however, there are also times when restraint and common sense is also a good idea. I've lost count the amount of times I've taken drastic action only to discover that I didn't listen to my intuition warning me against it and ended up in a bad situation. Of course, they probably add to life lessons in strength and confidence but sometimes when I look back I wish I'd found an easier path.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby punkmebillie » Sun May 31, 2009 12:10 pm

But if you had found an easier path, just like you said, you wouldn't learn the things you need to learn. Assuming we're not talking about a situation that can cause you physical harm (and nobody is recommending you get yourself into those situations), bad situations teach us all about how to get to good situations. Unless you put yourself in situations where you can lose, you'll never be in a situation where you can gain, either. Consider Julia Sorel's words: "If you're never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances." Any every dream that is worthwhile requires that you take chances. In my opinion, common sense and restraint are highly overrated...
punkmebillie
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Unity » Sun May 31, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi punkmebillie, I was writing a reply but found myself rambling on and I kept changing it. This topic is too close to home for me so it's better I keep quiet :D
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby punkmebillie » Sun May 31, 2009 8:22 pm

No problem, Unity. Take care.
punkmebillie
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Pick your Favorite Quote