Genius/Intelligence Quotes for the Scanner Inside of Us

Share anything that has inspired you from Barbara's (or anyone else's)books.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Genius/Intelligence Quotes for the Scanner Inside of Us

Postby sweetsoulmusic » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:57 pm

~ The greatest intelligence is precisely the one that suffers most from its own limitations ~ Andre Gide The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius. -Oscar Wilde ~ Some people unable to go to school were more educated and even more intelligent than college professors. ~ Maya Angelou ~ Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings. ~ C. Archie Danielson ~ Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know. ~ Ernest Hemingway ~ Intelligence appears to be the thing that enables a man to get along without education. Education enables a man to get along without the use of his intelligence. ~ Albert Edward Wiggam The sign of an intelligent people is their ability to control their emotions by the application of reason ~ Marya Mannes There is in every madman a misunderstood genius whose idea, shining in his head, frightened people, and for whom delirium was the only solution to the strangulation that life had prepared for him. -Antonin Artaud He was a genius - that is to say, a man who does superlatively and without obvious effort something that most people cannot do by the uttermost exertion of their abilities. -Robertson Davies A man of genius can hardly be sociable, for what dialogues could indeed be so intelligent and entertaining as his own monologues? -Arthur Schopenhauer "I sometimes ask myself how it came about that I was the one to develop the theory of relativity. The reason, I think, is that a normal adult never stops to think about problems of space and time. These are things which he has thought about as a child. But my intellectual development was retarded, as a result of which I began to wonder about space and time only when I had already grown up." - Albert Einstein
sweetsoulmusic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Genius/Intelligence Quotes for the Scanner Inside of Us

Postby Andreya » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:53 am

lol! (About Einstein!) I heartly disagree with some of them (Hemingway and Schopenhauer were probably depressed/suicidal anyway...) some are interesting and probably true.. Some to an extent, and not always, I'd say.. We mustn't forget these people were brilliant but not always right ;) They do make one think though, which is pretty cool. It sometimes scares me that I was sort of considered to be (one of) the smartest person(s) in class, and I consider myself quite stupid on many subjects. And many other people are much more active and get much more done... Maybe it takes a great genius to know what you don't know, lol. I'm just interested in more things than most other people are - but if you can make it interesting for them too, it may make for some interesting articles or books or shows or lessons or such! If you find the right angle, you can probably talk to anyone about anything... It may take a while to find it though.. I just wish I could be a few people at least! :) Any quotes on that?
'Everything is possible. They make rockets and put them on the moon, you know!' (neighbour, on closing up a balcony)
Andreya
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Return to Pick your Favorite Quote