Favorite Quote

Share anything that has inspired you from Barbara's (or anyone else's)books.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Favorite Quote

Postby JimW » Tue Aug 10, 1999 10:47 am

My favorite quote, from “I could do anything if I only knew what is was.” “I am interested in everything I don’t already know.” It is difficult to describe the profound revelation this was for me. (pretty much confirms my scanner diagnosis !)
JimW
New Poster
New Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Wed Aug 11, 1999 6:42 pm

An author's dream! Hearing that your words make a difference, and so specifically which words and what difference, is a kind of heaven few writers must get, and I thank you.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

All my favorite quotes are from movies....

Postby Ophelia » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:53 pm

Read my signature! Casablanca is my favorite movie ever! More Bogart/Bergman Casablanca greats: Rick: "Are my eyes really brown?" Captain Strasse: "Herr Rick, may I inquire as to your nationality?" Rick: "I'm a drunkard." Renault: "And that makes Monsieur Rick a citizen of the world." Renault: "I am shocked, shocked to find that there is gambling going on in here!" (Waiter hands him his winnings) "Oh, thank you very much." Rick: "We'll always have Paris. Here's looking at you, kid." Rick: "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine." Rick: "What time is it in New York, Sam? I'll bet you they're all asleep in New York."
Back in the day when people still knew how to make movies, Rick told Ilsa, "It doesn't take much to see that the troubles of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world." Could he be more right?
Ophelia
New Poster
New Poster

Return to Pick your Favorite Quote