Looking for source of quote

Share anything that has inspired you from Barbara's (or anyone else's)books.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Looking for source of quote

Postby dreamtrap » Sun Mar 26, 2000 9:35 am

I saw Barbara on Boston's pbs (WGBH) last night. She used a quote that I had heard before at a Franklin-Covey seminar. The quote is (paraphrased) "Most people go to the grave with their music still inside." I have been looking for the exact phrasing of the quote as well as the source. Barbara did say the source, but it was before she said the quote, so I wasn't looking for it. Any information on this would be helpful. I would also like to say that, even though I didn't watch the entire show, what I did see and hear was exactly what I needed to hear at this point in my life (less than a month away from 40 and feeling, for quite some time, that I am capable of much more in life). I have been seeking out more artistic and hollistic ways of living my life. I am going out today to buy at least one of Barbara's books.
dreamtrap
New User
New User

Postby Asche » Wed Mar 29, 2000 11:20 pm

The quote as I wrote it down was, "Most people go to their graves with their music still inside them" It is either Benjamin Disraeli or Oliver Wendell Holmes.
Asche
New User
New User

Postby dreamtrap » Fri Mar 31, 2000 2:57 pm

Thank you very much. I thought that it was Oliver Wendell Holmes but couldn't find it anywhere. I'll continue looking.
dreamtrap
New User
New User

Postby maestro » Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:13 pm

I know this is an old thread, but has anyone found the source of this quote? I'd like to use it in a book.
maestro
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Monique » Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:34 am

This web site has a bunch of "quote" search engines on it. Some of them are outsidingly thorough. http://www.freeality.com/phrases.htm <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maestro: I know this is an old thread, but has anyone found the source of this quote? I'd like to use it in a book.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Monique
New Poster
New Poster

Postby GaelicAmethyst » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:10 am

I know this is a very old thread, but I was browsing and was curious as to the origin of this quote. This is what I found, for those who are interested... Image AUTHOR: Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809–1894) QUOTATION: A few can touch the magic string, And noisy Fame is proud to win them; Alas for those that never sing, But die with all their music in them! ATTRIBUTION: The Voiceless. BIOGRAPHY: Columbia Encyclopedia.
GaelicAmethyst
New Poster
New Poster

Return to Pick your Favorite Quote