Auntie Mame

Share anything that has inspired you from Barbara's (or anyone else's)books.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Auntie Mame

Postby Spiral » Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:51 pm

"Life's a banquet, and most poor s.o.b.s are starving to death."
Spiral
New User
New User

Postby marvelous mary » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:02 am

auntie mame was one of my favorite books in my teen years - thanks for bringing back the memory!
marvelous mary
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby heartfulart » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:44 pm

That has been my favorite quote forever - and it is so true. Especially here in the USA we don't value life and it's amazing possibilities and beauty enough. Most people are content with just getting up, dropping the kids at school, going to a job that doesn't do much for them, come home, eat (and make) dinner, watch TV, go to bed and start over...what a sad way to spend your life - no passion, no attempt to really live life to the fullest. We are so lucky to have so much, to be alive, to have a choice to make each day filled with love, compassion, laughter, passion...all the fabulous things that make life precious! Last night I was with my Italian friend Marco - he is about 60 and lived in Italy right after WW2. He told me about being a child with nothing to eat most of the time, finding bombs, muntions, and grenades around his home...what a life. Yet Marco is filled with life, laughter, music, passion! He can make something out of nothing and make it delicious, beautiful and real. Every day with him is a joy, is filled with life, no matter what challenges he has in it. Let's embrace life and realize THIS IS IT!!!THIS IS THE ONLY LIFE WE HAVE HERE AND NOW - LIVE IT FULLY! Here's to a fabulous banquet!!! Bon apetit!
heartfulart
New Poster
New Poster

Postby lga36 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:04 am

Wonderful words. Thank you. Did you write them or are they a quote? Regardless I loved it and it is very appropriate for where I am right now.
lga36
New Poster
New Poster

Postby lga36 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:07 am

I meant that to heartfulart.
lga36
New Poster
New Poster

Auntie Mame

Postby Ophelia » Tue May 02, 2006 7:46 pm

I thought it was \"most poor suckers\"? I do love the movie though. PBS shows it all the time. Great sets :) --Ophelia
Back in the day when people still knew how to make movies, Rick told Ilsa, "It doesn't take much to see that the troubles of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world." Could he be more right?
Ophelia
New Poster
New Poster

Return to Pick your Favorite Quote