Other People's Wonderful Quotes

Share anything that has inspired you from Barbara's (or anyone else's)books.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby psychodoodle » Mon May 10, 2004 1:18 pm

"It is only those who never do anything who never make mistakes." -A. Favre "If we do not find anything pleasant, at least we shall find something new." - Voltaire "Oh NO!!! I forgot to have fun!" -Little Lulu (at age 67) "People who are resting on their laurels are wearing them on the wrong end." -Malcolm Kushner "Try? There is no try. There is only do or not do". -Yoda "Every rule here may be broken except this one!" -Karl Pomar "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." -Anais Nin "Good grief! This wallpaper is killing me. One of us has got to go!" -Oscar Wilde's last words "If you go to a magic show, you don't want to see logic." -Wille Nelson "What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind..." -Thomas Hewitt Key "I have made this letter somewhat longer than usual because I lack the time to make it short." -Blaise Pascal " You know how it is whenya take the credit for something. Pretty soon it turns to blame." - George Combs "God put me on this Earth to do a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die." -Johnny Strumba
psychodoodle
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby psychodoodle » Mon May 10, 2004 1:35 pm

* "A painting is never finished - it simply stops in interesting places." Paul Gardner * "A room hung with pictures is a room hung with thoughts." Sir Joshua Reynolds * "Art is either plagiarism or revolution." Paul Gaugin * "Art is like a border of flowers along the course of civilization." Lincoln Steffens * "Art is the signature of civilizations." Beverly Sills * "It has bothered me all my life that I do not paint like everybody else." Henri Matisse
psychodoodle
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Quest » Tue May 11, 2004 8:18 pm

"I am going against the grain; I am GOING SANE!" Thom Rutledge
Quest
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BlueMist » Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:53 pm

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens." Carl Jung
BlueMist
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby doculife » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:25 pm

My next door neighbor posts a new quote in his window each week. This week's: TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE... 1. Do it immediately 2. Do it flamboyantly 3. No excuses!
doculife
New Poster
New Poster

Quote from a GUNSMOKE episode.

Postby Colliefeathers » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:16 pm

"It's only too late to be born."
Colliefeathers
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby BlueMist » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:20 pm

We must walk consciously only part way toward our goal, and then leap in the dark to our success. Henry David Thoreau
BlueMist
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Tituba » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:46 pm

"You do not have the right to use this art form to feel inferior." - Martin de Maat "Never follow a rule off a cliff." - C.J. Cherryh "An ounce of behavior is worth a pound of words" --Sanford Meisner "The meek shall inherit nothing." - Frank Zappa "Fall, then figure out what to do on the way down." -- Del Close
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:25 am

There are many times when we add to our anxiety levels by avoiding some kind of action. For example, the anxiety over a physical symptom will increase the longer you avoid seeing a doctor. Or, when there's a conflict between you and your boss that needs to be discussed, your anxiety will be fueled by avoiding the conversation. In the long run, the fear and anxiety you feel will weaken your belief in your ability to handle the situation, making it easier to stay stuck.
Cheryl Richardson
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Nd2FndME » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:10 pm

My high school year book quote - \"We were given two ends to work with. Our accomplishments in life will show which we used the most. Heads you win, tails you lose.\"
Nd2FndME
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby gabriellavlad » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:18 pm

bt I like tails.
gabriellavlad
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby BlueMist » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:04 pm

You belong to yourself--- ---Barbara Sher
BlueMist
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Chinese Proverb

Postby BlueMist » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:02 pm

Teachers open the door. You enter by yourself. --Chinese Proverb
BlueMist
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

To think about during bad times

Postby Thinkchick » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:48 pm

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us, we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet. Thomas E. Crum
Thinkchick
New Poster
New Poster

Postby gabriellavlad » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:28 pm

btlingstar wrote:"The Light At The End Of The Tunnel.... Really Is Not A Train Coming At You." Courtesty of my mommy, of course. :-) btl
I like that. I like all of these... A rather long quote: http://www.planetmonk.com/wilde/poemsin ... rtist.html .
gabriellavlad
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Pick your Favorite Quote