Other People's Wonderful Quotes

Share anything that has inspired you from Barbara's (or anyone else's)books.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby xapa » Sat Mar 25, 2000 12:11 pm

Liberation Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you NOT to be? Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And, as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. -Nelson Mandela (I'm pretty sure!)
xapa
New User
New User

Postby KKG » Sat Mar 25, 2000 4:57 pm

"It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich" Sarah Bernhardt
KKG
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby KKG » Sat Mar 25, 2000 5:17 pm

"It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich." Sarah Bernhardt
KKG
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Tammy » Sat Mar 25, 2000 10:03 pm

Check out the book, "Just Do It", part of the Life 101 series. Can't remember the author's name, but it's an outstanding book, and peppered throughout with great quotes!
Tammy
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Tammy » Sat Mar 25, 2000 10:05 pm

The rabbi Hillel said: "To the place that my heart loves, there do my feet lead me."
Tammy
New Poster
New Poster

Postby marth » Sun Mar 26, 2000 8:17 am

"Plants, like people, flourish when they find their niche." - Unknown, by me at least. I think I heard this on an HGTV garden show last year when I was teaching a biology class about niches, so it stuck in my mind. Now, I'd like to reverse it to: People, like plants... Either way it relates to our topic w/ Barbara's books.
marth
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Heather » Sun Mar 26, 2000 4:34 pm

"My father always told me, Find a job you love & you'll never have to work a day in your life" -Jim Fox "What would you attempt to do if you Knew you would not fail?" -Robert Schuller Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow...
Heather
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby starbafish » Mon Mar 27, 2000 3:38 pm

Found this on ivillage where someone had asked a question about procrastination... When you find yourself blocked and unable to start a task and you have tried everything else, ask yourself, "Is there anything, no matter how small, that I am willing to do?" When you find that small thing, you are no longer procrastinating.--Odette Pollar It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.--W. Somerset Maugham How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone.--Coco Chanel You will never "find" time for anything. If you want time you must make it.--Charles Buxton
starbafish
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby KKG » Mon Mar 27, 2000 3:43 pm

"Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain." Ralph Waldo Emerson
KKG
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Meerschaum » Sun Apr 09, 2000 11:25 am

"... then the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anäis Nin (as quoted in Imagine Loving Your Work, by Marti Chaney & Vicki Thayer) this ring a bell for anyone?????
Meerschaum
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby PeterH » Sun Apr 16, 2000 10:06 pm

"The trouble with life in the fast lane is that you get to the other end in an awful hurry." - John Jensen ------------------ Peter-Melbourne-Australia
PeterH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Harper » Wed May 03, 2000 10:24 am

FYI: someone earlier in this thread mentioned the book \"Just Do It.\" The title is actually \"Do It! Let\'s Get Off Our But\'s\" [i.e. \"But, I can\'t do that...]. Author: Peter McWilliams. It\'s a great source of great quotes. (Cautionary note: be sure to look for the second edition, revised after McWilliams got rid of a scary would-be guru/co-author.) ------------------ Cindy Celtic & Contemporary Harps HarperCraft http://www.harpercraft.com
Harper
New Poster
New Poster

Postby RDD » Thu Jun 08, 2000 4:56 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xapa: <B>Liberation Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you NOT to be? Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And, as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. -Nelson Mandela (I'm pretty sure!)</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE> This was actually Nelson Mandela quoting Marianne Williamson. She rarely gets the credit. It's from one of her books.
RDD
New User
New User

Postby JC » Wed Jun 21, 2000 1:10 pm

You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself. Galileo {1564-1642 Italian Astronomer & Mathematician}
JC
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby JC » Thu Jun 22, 2000 7:33 am

When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other. Chinese Proverb
JC
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Pick your Favorite Quote