Other People's Wonderful Quotes

Share anything that has inspired you from Barbara's (or anyone else's)books.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby pindok » Sat Jun 24, 2000 2:07 pm

"Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow." Norman Vincent Peale i recently found this the day before i quit a life-draining day job. it brought tears to my eyes. [This message has been edited by pindok (edited June 24, 2000).]
pindok
New Poster
New Poster

Postby riverleaf » Mon Jun 26, 2000 6:56 pm

Making a commitment isn't making it once and it's over. It's a choice you make over and over again. Moment to moment. Current version paraphrased from the movie, Keeping the Faith.
riverleaf
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby JC » Wed Jul 05, 2000 8:28 am

I love this quote, and use it to remind myself the 'the woods' is whatever is before me. I particularly love the part about sucking all the marrow of life, yummmm delicious! JC "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I wanted to live deep and suck all the marrow of life...." — Henry David Thoreau, author of Walden [This message has been edited by JC (edited July 05, 2000).]
JC
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Bonny Lass » Wed Jul 05, 2000 9:38 am

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" Winston Churchill "I can teach anybody how to get what they want out of life. The problem is that I can't find anybody who can tell me what they want." Mark Twain ------------------ luvvies Bonny Lass
Bonny Lass
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby JC » Wed Jul 12, 2000 9:58 am

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. --Anatole France
JC
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby shibs » Sat Jul 22, 2000 9:23 pm

"Great dancers are not great because of their technique; they are great because of their passion." Martha Graham You can fill in the blank with YOUR talent. and one more: "If you hear a voice within you saying, 'You are not a painter,' then by all means paint...and that voice will be silenced." Vincent Van Gogh LOVE
shibs
New Poster
New Poster

Postby PeterH » Tue Sep 12, 2000 10:39 pm

Before the beginning of great brilliance, there must be chaos. Before a brilliant person begins something great, they must look foolish in the crowd.
PeterH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Confused » Wed Sep 20, 2000 3:05 pm

"Go out on a limb ... that's where the fruit is." Mark Twain (I think!)
Confused
New User
New User

Postby smarttart1 » Thu Oct 05, 2000 10:08 am

Paraphrasing Richard Ford, Author of The SportsWriter which won the Pulitzer: "Angry words always mean the same thing- What about me?" Hope this helps some folks smarttart1
smarttart1
New User
New User

Postby d. olsen » Sun Oct 15, 2000 5:44 am

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." (Paul Haker, a former manager). "Though I speak with the tongues of men and angels and have not love, I am as sounding brass or tinkling cymbal." I Corinthians 12:1. "Be on time for meetings. If you're late, the client will be annoyed and will pick on things that are actually fine." (Tom Olsen, my best manager and now my husband) "Give me the chocolate and no one gets hurt." (On a bumper sticker) "We grow too soon old and too late smart" (an old German proverb) "Share your knowledge. It's the way to achieve immortality." (from a message forwarded to me by my daughter).
d. olsen
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Orchid » Tue Oct 31, 2000 12:37 pm

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research." -Albert Einstein (?) quoted frequently by my roommate "Whatever you do today will cost you a day of your life." -from slashdot.org
Orchid
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Grover Partee » Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:08 am

"Do or do not. There is no 'try.'" - Yoda ------------------ Grover Partee Supporting individuals and groups to identify, clarify and fulfill their dreams www.UrsusConsulting.com ------------------ Did someone do you a favor today? Give credit where credit is due. www.friendlyfavors.org [This message has been edited by Grover Partee (edited December 29, 2000).]
Grover Partee
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Heddy » Tue Jan 30, 2001 10:21 am

"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." - Elinor Smith(?) ------------------ "Don't just chase your dreams, lead them!" - author unknown
Heddy
New User
New User

Postby deesemiller » Tue Jan 30, 2001 5:22 pm

"Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. When there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong." --Ella Fitzgerald (1918-1996) American singer
deesemiller
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Grover Partee » Wed Jan 31, 2001 8:12 am

"It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous." -Robert Benchley
Grover Partee
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Pick your Favorite Quote