May 2017 Daily Stepping

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: May 2017 Daily Stepping

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed May 17, 2017 9:25 am

I don't want to just post about the negatives so here are my goals that I posted in January.

By the end of 2017 I would like to:

1. MUSIC. OWN A PIANO and be playing it.
2. ART. OWN A DRAFTING TABLE AND CHAIR and be drawing.
3. PEOPLE. SOCIAL LIFE. keep working on reconnecting.
4. HEARING. Take on the challenge of learning lip reading, etc.
5. DESIGN. Keep working on my book.

1. MUSIC. I was on the verge of buying a headphone, going to the piano store to use it to test the piano I want and hopefully buy the piano. On hold due to new hearing issue. I have 2-3 classes left in the music listening class. Still learning and enjoying it.
2. ART. Doing a little bit of art therapy with therapist.
3. SOCIAL LIFE. Went out to dinner with a friend and had a great time.
4. HEARING. Been slacking off the daily lip reading. Trying to get back on track but letting like circumstances overwhelm me. The lip reading is only 10 minutes per day, but I can't seem to get back on track.
5. DESIGN. Haven't done anything for 6 months. Hope to get back on track but letting life circumstances overwhelm me.

I WAS SO CLOSE TO BUYING A PIANO.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed May 17, 2017 9:28 am

I've been battling the urge to stop being on the Boards with everything going so poorly for so long. I push myself to read your posts. I push myself to post things about myself. It's getting harder and harder to hang on here. There have been times I've gone off the boards for 1/2 year or more in the past. I might have to take a break. It's getting too hard.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Wed May 17, 2017 1:05 pm

Starting my steppin list:

writing work:hospital scene
love scene
death scene
mesh nanowrimo work with novel x
new novel with other stuff cut.x
print stuff for Tom.

garden weed eat the back
weed eat the top
weed block
call Miguel

call car guy

organize paper work
clean up x
walk x

darn it most of this stuff is not scanner stuff, most is chores.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

battling urge to get off boards

Postby Lynx » Thu May 18, 2017 8:50 am

Hi Inspire,

"I've been battling the urge to stop being on the Boards with everything going so poorly for so long. I push myself to read your posts. I push myself to post things about myself. It's getting harder and harder to hang on here. There have been times I've gone off the boards for 1/2 year or more in the past. I might have to take a break. It's getting too hard." Inspire

I'm okay if you don't read my posts, only write brief posts (like "feeling the grind, that's all for today"), etc.

AND, I fully support you doing what feels right, and if leaving the boards for a spell is the direction that heals for you, I support that.

Either way, you're loved and always welcome here.

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: battling urge to get off boards

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu May 18, 2017 9:23 am

Lynx wrote:I'm okay if you don't read my posts, only write brief posts (like "feeling the grind, that's all for today"), etc.

AND, I fully support you doing what feels right, and if leaving the boards for a spell is the direction that heals for you, I support that.

Either way, you're loved and always welcome here. Lynx

Aw, gee, Lynx, you're so sweet. Thank you for your love and support.

If I do take a break, please know, for you and everyone, that even if I don't stop by or post, I'm cheering you on in all your goals. You've made great strides with everything you've worked on. I see forward progress in everyone. I salute you for your hard work, and celebrate your successes.

Keep breathing. Keep working. Keep steppin'.

Inspire Success
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

42goals

Postby Lynx » Thu May 18, 2017 9:26 am

Hi Inspire, appreciate the cheering on. Thx

You're on the boards! Re 42Goals

It's very much down, and might be a target of the cyberattacks. Looked on similarsitessearch.com but nothing really compares well. I have an idle wall calendar i could impress it into use, wait, or do without, or something else.

For now, I'll wait.

Today's steps: making some travel arrangements to get to Oakland. Dates: Wed 7/12 - Fri 7/15. If anyone near SF CA might like to connect in person while I'm there, send a PM and we can look into possibilities. Right now, will search for VRBO, Home Away, Airbnb as close to my meeting site or bus/BART lines as I can manage.

To the search,

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri May 19, 2017 10:48 am

Inspire, don't feel like you have to read everything.

And do whatever feels right to you. If that means going off the boards so be it. (But we will miss you.) I get the sense that you're having a tough time right now.

Blessings and good wishes to you.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri May 19, 2017 10:56 am

The slower I go, the behinder I get.

Just caught a cold. I successfully dodged cold germs all winter, and then got blindsided by my granddaughter. Kid germs! Argh!!!

The yuck list, i.e. the chore list, i.e. the stuff I don't want to do is getting longer and longer. I, on the other hand, am getting slower and slower. Monday I did absolutely nothing. Oh well sometimes you just have to have one of those days. I thought it was Tuesday, but my computer kept telling me it was Wednesday. So did my phone. I couldn't have lost 2 days, could I? Yes, apparently I could.

My Nanowrimo steam kept up for about a week, but now it's slowing down. I want my old work ethic.

I can't even add all the chores to my list of things to do. It's too depressing.

Maybe if I can just clean up my paperwork, I'll feel better.

Good vibes to all.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri May 19, 2017 11:13 am

One more thing.

Thank you for reading "Searching for Kansas."

If you find a glaring error, please let me know. I use "find" and "copy" and "paste" on the computer to add the new posts. Once I used the same phrase in two separate places, and copied the wrong one into my post. Fortunately I caught it right away.

And I love the comments.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

19/42 goals gone

Postby Lynx » Fri May 19, 2017 11:02 pm

It looks like 42goals has caught the Lynx curse — I like something it's not long for this world. Restaurants, clothes styles, new product at Trader's Joe, and now 42Goals.

So, I've been thinking about it, and what it is really, at base—it's a spreadsheet. The rows are dates, the columns what I'm goaling for. I can use the character app to put in odd symbols for success or lack of it, any number I want, and now, words, which 42goals didn't do except in hidden comment bubbles.

I'll fiddle with it over the weekend.

Meanwhile, RIP 42Goals.

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sat May 20, 2017 12:49 pm

42 goals

Sounds like more fun if you design your own anyway.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Sun May 21, 2017 6:30 pm

42 Goals is back, but I've seen the fun of running my own list. You're right EG.

Easy-ish day, brunch, then an art fair. The art fair has become much less local artists/artisans and more chiropractors, religious org outreach, window and gutter cleaners, and government / bus outreach. Sad, for the artists because they missed a terrific day of weather.

The food vendors were out in force, though.

Tonight: replacing a water filter and a toilet seat. Earlier, swept thru my dropbox backups and deleted lots of back up files that were automatically made during my mad essay writing times. They show up in searches and clutter my head.

Lynx
Last edited by Lynx on Mon May 22, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon May 22, 2017 8:56 pm

I'm mostly getting over my cold, and I'm starting work on the paperwork mountain. If I'd just quit complaining and do the work I'd be done with it in a couple of hours.

There's so much because I had my ID stolen, and had to change a lot of stuff. And my phone died.

And it's mostly stuff I've never done before, so most of the work is figuring out how to do everything.

And I've been staying away from people to keep them from catching my germs.

Next post will be cheerier, I hope.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Mon May 22, 2017 10:37 pm

Hi EG,

Recover fast.

I'm to 0 0 0 for email again. Till maybe 3 am tonight.

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu May 25, 2017 6:08 pm

The work pile is shrinking.

Tomorrow I'm spending the day with grand kids.

I think I've found something really wonderful for colds. It's called Umcka. According to my kid (the doctor) there's clinical proof that it works. So far, this has been the easiest cold I've ever up with which put. (with which I put up with - it's a Winston Churchill joke.)
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Success Stories