July 2017 Daily stepping

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: 10

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:37 pm

Lynx wrote:Hey Inspire... It's never to late to be sick AND loved at the same time. We love you, Lynx

Thank you so much, Lynx. Hearing that makes me teary-eyed. Very kind of you.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: July 2017 Daily stepping

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:22 am

Inspire, I wish I could send more than good wishes. Just know that you have Internet friends.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

returned from Oakland

Postby Lynx » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:05 pm

Hi,

My trip to Oakland felt successful in many ways, and challenging in some others. Like most of life.

Today, Saturday, taking a breather, nothing much planned except cooking brown rice later.

Feeling the drain of travel and back to back 10 hour hard working days. A book of essays is feeling neglected and the shade under the tree inviting. So I think a nap is called for.

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:06 pm

I'm glad you had a mostly good trip. You have a way with words.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:57 pm

Moving right along. I've written 35,000 words in July. It's mostly editing some good work, so it's easy to get the word count up quickly. On the other hand, I'm also doing the first draft of the ending, and that's going slowly, but it's going.

Today was hot (weather) and I don't have air conditioning. So I took my computer to Yogurtland and worked for about an hour. Then I took it to Taco Bell, and worked for another hour. (Also ate yogurt and nachos belle grande.) I probably put on a bit of weight, but I got a lot of work done and escaped the heat.

Happy steppin' everyone.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi,

Elaine wrote ...

Moving right along. … that's going slowly, but it's going. … So I took my computer to Yogurtland …. Then I took it to Taco Bell … Happy steppin' everyone.

Thanks for setting a great example.

Another day mostly quiet, except for presentation at one of the Quaker meetings on the Doctrine of Discovery. Sat in on their Meeting for Worship afterwards. Networking lite.

Then dedicated the day to small things like consolidating my scattered scraps of notes, putting a button on a pair of pants, shopping, dropping by a bakery to see about their half price bread and finding out they have deals Tues (1/2 price cookies) Wed (1/2 priced coffee) Thur (pastries), Fri (Bread), and Sat (dessert).

Plus, found a reviewer's copy of a new Irving Yalom book slated to be published this Fall. It was on the free library shelves. My partner and I love Yalom's writing so this was a great find.

Toss in a couple of chocolate croissants (day old), and was this not happiness?

Keep writing, moving, striding, stepping, smiling,
Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:02 pm

Hi folks, (stolks? for step folks)

Getting ready to be away from daily computer access for the whole month of August. Lurkers, here's your invite: start joining in or I think it might be very lonely for Elaine. There's a risk the thread might whither and … and … it's all to horrible to write down.

Many years ago I would put up a vacation notice on my email. Decided it wasn't smart to broadcast my absence to the whole wide world.

So this time I'm making filters and shuffling email to one folder which I might, or might not, get time to scan while traveling. It's amazing the number of regular stuff that piles into my inbox. This innovation might be very handy for my 0 0 0 goals. Stay tuned.

Finding the warmer it gets the less I can really get done well in a given day.

Oh, reminded myself of an alternative approach to making lists called autofocus. Here's an article about it: http://perma.cc/DX38-MWGR

If you don't know about perma.cc check it out. Can save up to 10 websites a month, permanently. I'm using for all sorts of things like excellent ideas, rare sites, my own work online, etc.

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

7/20 43 and adding more

Postby Lynx » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:40 pm

Hi stolks,

I'm keeping a list of the regular newsletters, and other things that fall into my mail box because I'm filtering them into a folder. I'm up to 44, and likely there's a dozen or more to go. Not counting the 10, plus or minus, I've unsubscribed from.

Plus, some of these are daily emails. No wonder it's a chore and a half to get to zero every weekend.

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:43 pm

HI,

I'll miss your cheery comments Lynx, Have a good time.

Me. Just spilled tea and some of it got into the computer. Don't ever spill tea on a computer. No good can come of it.

So I bought a new computer, and couldn't figure out how to activate office. and had to reset my password. So that's why I've been absent for so long.

Getting my computer up and running has replaced writing for about a week, and now it's hard to get back to it.

Happy steppin' everyone.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Success Stories