Sept. 2017 Daily steppin'

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: Sept. 2017 Daily steppin'

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:09 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed the telesummit.

Me - I did my first day of preop physical therapy (on-line) Ouch!
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:46 am

I came up with a new character. He's going to have a bit part - Wally Frobisher. His dream is to be the greatest, most awesome, skateboarder of all times. Fear means nothing - he's going to make the skateboard run to end all skateboard runs on the roof of his apartment building, a run that culminates with a 360, and a back flip along a board suspended between his roof and the roof of a neighboring building. Hope he makes it. He's a likeable fellow.

p.s. Lyndon, that's what I mean by writing for fun.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:23 pm

deleted
Last edited by inspiresuccess on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:22 am

Inspire, we're with you, and we care about you. But, from what I'm reading from your last post - we're not nearly enough support for you. Please talk to someone who can get you through this. The person who prescribes your meds would be my first choice. Also, a priest or deacon at your church could help. They don't charge, and they don't tell you, "your hour is up, I'll see you again in two weeks."

Your logon is "Inspiresuccess" and you do live up to the logon. You've been there for me when I've struggled or stopped. So yes, you have been successful here, at least as far as helping other people achieve.

As for designing and creating, your designs are lovely. You could have finished that hat much earlier, but you chose to rip out stitches and repeat. I can't see through the computer, but I sense the first hat was fine, but didn't meet your very exacting standards. I don't know that, but I'm guessing that's what happened.

Depression sucks. I know this first hand. And when you're depressed, everything looks awful and it's hard to make decisions that aren't colored by a very black mood. Nothing looks right. Nothing is good enough. etc etc. And you've had some real hard challenges that I don't want to type on the internet, but they're real and they have nothing to do with depression.

Also, getting older sucks. (I also know this first hand.) It means figuring out what you can do and what just isn't worth the angst. And things that we used to be able to complete with no sweat, are now challenging or, well, you know. But it doesn't mean stopping.

Isolation is the dream killer, but it's also a creator of depression. So please go somewhere where people are. It's not going to magically solve your problem. Nothing is. But being around people, (they have to be helpful caring people - not perfect, but not wolves in let-me-help-you clothing.) is better than being alone.

So I'll say a prayer for you. I hope you don't leave us, but no pressure.

Oh, as far as success goes, you're the one who started this thread, and 15??? years later it's still going. That's success.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:01 pm

deleted
Last edited by inspiresuccess on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:24 am

Love your metaphors!
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi steppers,

Inspire, know I track what you're saying, and feel great compassion for the hurt and disappointments you feel about how you life is right now. I didn't have much attention to actually do it, but for a while I was fascinated by David Sudnow's "ways of the hand'method for teaching and learning piano.

Right now, this thing with the credit agencies is taking up my attention. Haven't done much more than a freeze on one and fraud alert across the top three. So there's more to do.

Had an interesting customer service situation today. Went to the Apple store to see about getting a battery put in my MacBook Air (named Zephyr, or Z, for short). They would take 2 hours before I had a appointment with a repair tech to assess the situation. I already could tell them that: the service battery alert is on and that means change the battery. Confirmed that 6 months ago. After the appt, I'd have to leave Z for up to 5 days, providing they could still get the battery from Apple for such an "obsolete" a model.

Hm

Called the nearby Univ Apple tech center. Got right through to the repair desk. It would take a at least 2 days, one to order the part, the next to put it in. BUT, if I got the part, they could install it same day in about half an hour. [A check on fix-it shows that it's pretty straight forward.] I'd also want them to clean the fan of dust while they have it open.

So, its 5 days vs half an hour without the use of Z. No contest.

Now looking on ebay, the deciding factor, if price is close, is which seller is closer. Also want the genuine Apple part.

Second opinions are worth the effort.

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:11 am

Congrats on the apple.

The Equifax thing is scary.

My only goal for the foreseeable future is - walk. So my posts may not be very interesting. I'm going to play with the Wally Frobisher character and learn about skateboarding.

Happy steppin'/skating!
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:11 pm

deleted
Last edited by inspiresuccess on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

??

Postby Lynx » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:40 pm

Inspire, what's going on?
Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:43 pm

Hi folks,

Wondering what's the parallel to Steinbeck's daily letters before he got to writing if my main attention is on projects and gigs. Some include writing, but it's not as personal and direct as my essays.

Is there something I need to say daily to warm-up? Probably. I'll start to explore in the next several posts.
Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:27 am

Log for 9/19.

Project related notes (maybe Steinbeck notes, or SNs). The last two weeks have been a sprint to get our application forms ready and published. All done. Whew. In the 3 weeks since back from vacation I've wanted to touch base and check in with a stack of friends, but let that simmer to work on the paid stuff.

Surprised myself by mostly "day dreaming" the past couple of weeks when no actual work needed attention. Things like idly searching for types of paper-based journals we might use, or the cheapest sources for Jetstream pens. I think this was "aiming" — setting my inner focus to avoid wasted effort and dead ends later. So I tell myself. There's also a side of me that loves day dreaming, and at times I know I spend more time doing that that getting to it. It always works out in my day dreams. One of an achiever's maxims is "bias for action" and hockey star Wayne Gretsky said you don't make any shots you don't take.

Main effort the next few days is to arrange one-on-ones with friends (I need to set up support arrangements again, for one) and figuring out how to give the correct access to the google folders and files I've set up.

This work is full-time but emotionally it feels like that due to the number of complex, multi-party, vague, and unpredictable elements.

Lovin' it, & to the tasks,
Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

20 Steinbeck Notes

Postby Lynx » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:57 am

Howdy,

After a mere 4.5 hrs of sleep, seemed rested enough to get up. Lots of new work prospects bubbling, in addition to managing the clients I already have. Not quite at the stage comfortable enough to decline work, and yet I might make it there soon. Interesting.

Sometimes I stumble on a resource that cuts a lot of pressure and time out of my plans. A good thing. Current example is finding in the Governor's office of Indian Affairs a directory of all the tribes in my state, complete with contact names, phone #s, etc. Just the people I'm seeking to reach out to.

Related to this find, is I want to use a document written by one of our state tribe's called "10 Rules of the Canoe." I plan to see who I need to contact for permission today. Should take about 30 minutes.

Started a folder in Scrivener (an app for writers) called scrapnel and will put in it notes and jottings for things I'm too busy to write. Began one last night, nearly finished it, tweaked it this morning and posted it as a comment on an essay on medium. No time to write that all. Thanks! Sarah Ruhl (who wrote 100 essays I don't have time to write soon after she had her first baby.)

I've set aside my friends the past 3 weeks to get this start-up of a project ... started up.

All for now, to the tasks,
Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:53 pm

Just came home from the hospital. Very long day. Tom is pooped and fast asleep on the couch.
They took real good care of me. I;m hardly in any pain except for getting in and out of bed which is really bad. But they don't want me walking around without Tom behind me. So I"m trying to figure out how to get around and get my needs taken care of without doing Tom in. You don't appreciate going to the bathroom until without help until you can't do it any more.

I'll try to get back to writing. It's been a while since I've written anything, and i"m out of practice.

Inspire, I hope you can get to enjoy8ing the piano. Music is definitely not my gift, but I hope you can get some enjoyment out of play8ing and not be too frustrated.

Okay, Tom's awake, time to take a pill and go to the bed to the bed.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:06 pm

Elaine Glimme wrote:Just came home from the hospital.
I'm glad all went well. I'm praying for a fast recovery time.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Success Stories