February 2018 Daily Stepping

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: February 2018 Daily Stepping

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:28 am

Ouch! I won't SAY bad things about your team because I don't know them. They were either legitimately distracted or didn't want to give input when you asked for it, and later changed their minds and gave input. Frustrating!

I had a pleasant surprise. My friend asked me to go to an air board presentation about monitoring around refineries. I tend to hate those meetings because they are often oportunities for venting frustration, pointing fingers, and general bad feelings. I hate confrsontation. But this meeting was actually in formative with people trying to help instead of accuse. And I got interested. I didn't work for the air board, but I did environmental work and understand some of the problems. So it turned out really interesting.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

closing out the month

Postby Lynx » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:42 am

Hi steppers,

Thanks Elaine. I needed to vent, and it helped me!

The pdf sent off yesterday and I'm on email silence for today to breathe. Which I am. May see a movie.

I like your story about going to the air panel, surprise!

Our world is in a mess and I'm watching how little or much we can learn to tease ourselves out of some of it.

I went to a meeting myself this week on the expansion plans of the near-by university by 25% over the next 10 years! They had the requisite radicals, but the sneering, put-down tone of the ranking university rep really left me feeling I can't trust this institution's reps and all their performance rhetoric about "community input" if these joking-tone yet really incivil comments comes out of the person supposedly soliciting the input!

We have a lot more to do to un-messy ourselves and what does the supposed "leader" do—stir the mess more!

More mission-security for my weary self, I suppose,

to the work,

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: February 2018 Daily Stepping

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:51 pm

Hey, Everyone

Lynx, I'm really impressed with your involvement in community issues.

Today was a two-steps-back day. I stayed over at the motel last night. So I woke at three and couldn't go back to sleep for a while. - nothing new about that. So I got back to sleep about 5:30. and the phone rang at six. No one was there by the time I got around to realizing I should answer it. No one calls at six in the morning with good news. I snuggled back under the covers and it rang again - I answered and got beep beep beep - a stupid wake-up call. I was pretty foggy. After a while I figured that it was a wake up call, and somone else probably needed it. and I should have called the office and told them - so they could wake up the person who wanted the call. but by then it was probably to late, so I just went back and tried to sleep and didn't and spent the rest of the day being loggy.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

spill over day

Postby Lynx » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:21 pm

Hi steps,

Oh, man, what a tale of poor service. Wonder if the person the call was meant for didn't wake up? A movie plot, we follow these two people through their day, one groggy from too little sleep and the other in some difficult situations (last chance to keep a high profile job? missed connection with a lover? missed flight? ...)

I'll look into sparking something off for today the first of March.

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Success Stories