Fitness 2004 - July

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby Scenario Thinker » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:38 am

Faye, I've had Plantar Fasciitis. I have custom orthodics in my shoes and haven't had that problem since (the heel pain I mention in this thread is something else). Make sure your have shoes with really good arch support. What happens as we get older (and heavier?), the foot starts collapsing, and the ligaments under the feet stretch and pull on the heel. They tear slightly and become inflammed. Also, you can try over the counter insole supports. They are getting really good these days and are approaching orthodics in quality and even customization. It might not be that bad, so a generic solution might work. Stretching your calves will help, too. Otherwise, that sounds like a good program you're on. And even though I'm a runner, I can't say enough good things about walking! Here's what I said about walking in June
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:05 am

Well, I'm going to close out this month ... 5 Miles - Monday. I can actually say I'm starting to feel \"in shape\". I think I've reached over the hump. 5 Miles - Wednesday. Felt good again. Cool. Half Marathon in Chicago this Sunday (13.1 Miles). I'll report my results in the August thread. I'm resting Thu, Fri, and Sat., so I should be fresh Sunday morning.
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby GiniDee » Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:34 am

YAY for all of you! I shall attempt to join you in August with some hermit crab exercises. That is, if I can stay awake long enough to test them first. Hugs to all, and keep up the great work!
GiniDee :mrgreen: My idea of a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. :mrgreen: GiniDee :mrgreen:
GiniDee
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby cc » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:43 am

It's time to leap over to deep/shallow discussions to start the Fitness-August thread. See you there!
cc
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Success Stories