Door are opening

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Door are opening

Postby Tituba » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:08 am

Jeez! This year is turning out to be a great one for progress on my improv dream! One of my students introduced me to the executive director of the chamber of commerce. He and I talked and he asked me to present an improv workshop at the annual convention of Mass. chamber of commerce directors October 14. These directors deal with business people all over Mass., so you never know! Back in January, I sent in a proposal to the NETC (New England Theater Conference) to be a presenter at their convention in November. My resistance monsters were working overtime and I mailed it on the day it was due. A couple of weeks ago they called and committee picked me as one of the presenters! This is a regional conference and they get apps from all of New England. If that wasn't enough, I get to audit a ten hour class with Keith Johnstone! This is like having a garage band and finding out you can spend time with Clapton. Being a singer at the VFW and finding out you can spend time with Streisand. That big.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Day Owl » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:17 am

Fabulous! (I'll bet the universe was impressed by your attendance at the Paul McCartney concert. Cause and effect, you know.)
Day Owl "Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" -- Abraham Lincoln
Day Owl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby joyous1 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:06 pm

Thats great! I'm so happy things are working out for you on that dream front!
joyous1
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby ubu » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:06 pm

Way to go Tituba! Stay focused, have fun, and be sure to keep us posted, OK?
ubu
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Tituba » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:44 pm

Thanks everyone. I feel like right now I'm in the flow.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby pattyn » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:47 pm

Hot diggety dog!!! Your wonderful successes are my inspiration. Thanks!
- Patty Newbold
Director, Sher Success Teams
Marriage Education Author/Speaker - assumelove.com - enjoybeingmarried.com
pattyn
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Whooooohoooooo!

Postby Buttercup » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:53 am

Oh, Tituba - I am SO happy for you! Thanks for the reminder about all you've been working on. Keep keeping us updated.
The Best Things in Life Aren't Things http://lazygirlcottage.blogspot.com/
Buttercup
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Catgirl » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:47 am

Wow Tituba! I'm really impressed... sounds like an awesome opportunity for you! Enjoy it! Catgirl
Catgirl
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mezzogoch » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:35 pm

Hardy congratulations, Tituba!
mezzogoch
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Tituba » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:23 am

Gave a 30 min improv workshop to the chamber directors. It went very well. We sat around afterwards and talked and several of them said that I'd be perfect for their upcoming chamber retreat. So.....fingers crossed.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:42 am

Today I stopped into a little restaurant and ordered a sandwich to go. I was looking around and noticed they had this little stage area with a piano and a couch. So, I asked for the owner of the restaurant, told her I had an improv group and we could do a show in that area. She jumped at the idea! So, we have our first gig planned for December. We also talked about doing an interactive murder mystery (St. Valentines Day Massacre) in February. I also sent a demo-tape to the First Night people to see if we can perform on New Years Eve.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby joyous1 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:02 am

That's fantastic Tituba!
joyous1
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:22 pm

Right now, I'm in the flow. I talked to the owner of the restaurant. She is the new owner and was looking for a way to improve business. She mentioned that the other day the editor of the local paper was there doing a review and would be running a piece. I told her that I had spoken to him last month about our show at the church. Just so happened, that I talked to him on his very first day on the job as the new editor! He was so supportive and actually ran my press release three times! Anyways, I emailed him about the restaurant piece he was doing and how we are doing a show there. He emailed back that he wants to do an art piece article on our group prior to the show. Serendipity and connecting with these people makes me feel like we are all puzzle pieces coming together at the same time.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Meg » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:32 am

Go, Tituba! :D
Meg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Jezicka » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:52 am

Geez, I love stories like this-- just makes my day! 8)
Jezicka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Next

Return to Success Stories