Barbara's Jolly 2007 Challenge

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Barbara's Jolly 2007 Challenge

Postby BarbaraSher » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:43 pm

If you're on my mailing list, you'll get this newsletter within a day or so. If not, go to the home page and click on mailing list and get on it soon if you want to participate. If you're interested in one of the items on my 2007: writing a self-help book and becoming a speaker, come to my new HOW TO WRITE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY topic : Sorry about the runaround but I'm in the middle of putting up yet another web site for this Regarding the newsletter: Here's the first paragraph so you'll have some idea of what I'm talking about: Barbara Sher's New Year Challenge Thursday, January 4, 2007 Hello, Dear Friends. I hope you have a happy, interesting and productive 2007! Maybe you should join me in my first JOLLY NEW YEAR'S CHALLENGE! Here's what to do: JOIN MY JOLLY NEW YEAR'S CHALLENGE! Pick a project for 07, not something difficult or dreary but something enjoyable that you never seem to find time for, and work on it at least once each week. Then write about what you did that week on your new blog. (Having a blog just got so easy, you can do it by accident.) Then, if you want people to come see what you've done, send them an email with an announcement and link to the blog. ............................ I'm suggesting some cool things you could do, and I've made what I thing are rather clever suggestions, so take a look if you can. I've gotten a head start, of course, and will announce what I'm talking about as soon as the newsletter goes out in the next couple of days. And I hope you all have a wonderful year. Happy New Year, dear friends.
Last edited by BarbaraSher on Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:43 am

Happy New Year too Barbara! I don't know about everyone else, but I can hardly remember a time without a UFO (unfinished projects) list. I do occasionally join in on a UFO night at my cross stitching online club but it's so easy to forget so with motivation on two fronts I might stand a chance to remember, especially if I'm having to write it down. Thanks Barbara for that suggestion.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Jolly 2007 Challenge

Postby rileyveritas » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:38 pm

Barbara et al, This could not have come at a better time. I got a little headstart on it actually. My unfinished project is the creation of an anthology by and for survivors of hate violence. I decided this was an important thing to do, when I needed it myself and couldn't actually find useful resources. I have a tangible plan for the book already, and thanks to a friend, I'm in contact with a woman who leads writing workshops as a method of helping people heal from trauma. The Jolly Challenge provides just the right kind of easy-going, steady structure I'll need to do my work. I'll keep you all posted. I might need some encouragement along the way since these things are hard to talk about/write about, but I think it's important to do this work. Thanks Barbara for the continuing catalysts... Riley
rileyveritas
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Adults Running

Postby humorouswarmth » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:07 pm

When I was a kid on Halloween evening, my best friend and I went to a neighbor's house around the corner and we could see a man of about thirty moving behind the big window. We went up close and blew beans at the window. He disappeared and we heard the front door open. We took off and went different ways. Later, I found my friend Franny behind a tree. (Luckily the man had followed him) Franny said solemnly \"Wow could that bugger run.\" I was very impressed because adults were not supposed to run and certainly not run out of their houses after innocent kids.
Needed: One more success team member. We went to Barbara's lecture recently and we have three, but four would be better. We meet in Manhattan.
humorouswarmth
New User
New User

Giving birth to a book

Postby doculife » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:09 pm

Sign me up for the 2007 Challenge. I'm going to birth the book I've been researching for the past nine years. My requests: 1. Anyone know of a quiet, warm, inexpensive place, in a foreign country where I can hunker down Feb. 1 to begin labor? 2. Are there any book coaches out there? (Barbara?) 3. Any agents or publishers? Thanks!!! Glad to return the favor. Robin Sparks One World One Story at a Time http://www.robinsparks.com :?: 8)
doculife
New Poster
New Poster

Ready For Action!

Postby wendywilliams » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:44 pm

OK Barbara. Because you have inspired me to take action, I decided to start a blog that will chart my adventures becoming a full fledged woman entrepreneur. It has always been my dream to run my own business and I believe that 2007 will be the first year that I do it, properly, with all the business entity creation, infrastructure, systems, processes, assistants, and actual plans! I will be charting my progress in this blog. Stay tuned as I make my way. You can follow my adventures here: http://theyearofthewomanentrepreneur.blogspot.com/ And to start the year off right, I am in the pre-launch stages of one of my multiple streams of income. I have created a membership site that provides FREE video training for Do-It-Yourself web developers. Here it is: http://www.diywebtech.com Enjoy! Wendy
wendywilliams
New Poster
New Poster

All oypef you authors

Postby wendywilliams » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:49 pm

I just want to let you know that blogging is a good way to write a book. Blogger.com isn't the best type of blog for book writing but if you have some computer savvy, you can install WordPress for free. It will allow you to organize an outline for your book, like chapters and begin posting entries as they come to you under each heading. It allows you to be organized and spontaneous at the same time. If anyone wants to know about installing WordPress. Feel free to contact me. You will need to have your own webserver to do this or use TypePad. Just a tip for all of you authors. Enjoy! Wendy
wendywilliams
New Poster
New Poster

My Resolution

Postby TheGoToGuy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:13 pm

This year I plan to double the number of articles posted on my blog and develop at least one book out of the collection. Last January I decided to setup a blog at http://www.AndrewSeltz.com to try and capture some of the thoughts, advice, and experiences I am constantly sharing with the people around me. Instead of sharing the information once and having it disappear (or repeating it over and over) I wrote about it and posted on the blog. Blogs naturally categorize content as you create it, so it is easy to sort through the content and start seeing patterns and connections between what I write. I'm also starting to get comments from visitors which adds to the conversation and is building new relationships. Because blogging happens in small scanner-friendly chunks, I hardly noticed that I had written over 100 articles in 12 months. Over the same period of time I started using a personal Wiki to collect together several books I have been working on over the past few years. It is very easy to setup and use Wiki software and it does a great job building a table of contents as you go. (If you make it publicly accessible you can even write collaboratively.) I'm pretty good with the technical stuff, so I'm happy to help anyone who has questions about how to setup a blog or Wiki. Andrew Seltz The Go-To Guy! http://www.AndrewSeltz.com
TheGoToGuy
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

I accept the challenge!

Postby Erratica » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:29 am

OK, I did it. I had already signed up with blogger, and had made one tiny post mid-December, but now I have actually posted my first two stories. http://ericagott.blogspot.com/ Since I am a Scanner, I have decided that I am committing to posting an entry every week. Most likely the entry will be a story from my travels...I want to write a book about them, but can't decide on a format. Isn't that such a Scanner problem? :roll: Erica
Everything always works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end. --unknown visit my blog: ericagott.blogspot.com
Erratica
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

From Woo-woo to whose-who in 2007

Postby mlessirard » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:45 am

This is the year I pull it all together...by refusing to choose. I am so grateful for your book Barbara. My success story for 2007...
Michele Lessirard, a dedicated female shamanic artist in the South Florida creative squad, who finds her niche when she's assigned to \"cold cases\"--creative projects that have never been completed. Previously, she used her instinctive understanding of the creative mind on clients who were stuck. Now, she's challenging readers whose lives and circumstances have since changed, making use of today's new science and technology; finding fresh clues to solve problems that were previously unsolvable--all of which appeals to this smart, Spirit-driven business woman, healer and artist. She's also prepared for the consequences--that her Work will open up old wounds and may lead clients to their own random acts of inspiration. She shows them the way to and through the door of betwixt and between where their magic dwells.
To read more about Michele these random acts of inspiration journey on over to her blog The New Moon Journal. Michele decrees this is the best year ever! In 2007 the New Moon Journal is noticed by publishers and asked to put her musings into book form. The New Moon Journal is a featured blog at Typepad.com, showcased by other bloggers of like mind and heart so by years end there are over 10,000 subscribers who join in to read Michele’s moon musings. Warmly, Michele Rev. Michele Bailey-Lessirard, C.Ht. Life coaching for home and soul fostering community, healing and empowerment through ancient sacred ways. http://www.sharedjourneys.org The New Moon Journal is a free e-journal is published monthly at http://newmoonjournal.blogs.com Marketing for Healers- insights and musings for holistic healers, coaches and counselors http://www.marketingforhealers.com
mlessirard
New User
New User

Postby stet » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:12 am

I'm in! I've resisted getting a blog for years, but Barbara's challenge is just too good to pass up. A much-needed motivator, too. In true Scanner fashion, there are several projects I'll be juggling during the year. You can read about it here : http://paul-theyearoflivingdangerously.blogspot.com/ Good luck, everyone!
stet
New User
New User

Postby ubu » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:24 am

Great idea! I started blogging exactly 1 year ago (well, 12/29/2005) - and it has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. My blogging follows no set format. I have no specific goals in mind ever (altho, with Barbara's challenge that might change - we'll see). I simply share what I want to share, when it strikes me to share it. Sometimes personal stories, sometimes emails and internet findings I've found. My reward has been, in just one short year, an international family of rather faithful, always entertaining, and very generous folks that have welcomed me into their lives and their hearts! Please, everyone, come on board! Next to Barbara's boards, blogging is the next best place to be!
Last edited by ubu on Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ubu
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby ubu » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:30 am

Errrrmmmm...by the way Barbara, have you started a blog? I mean, another one besides the Kilim Women blog (also an awesome blog)? :)
ubu
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby urbanpioneer » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:40 pm

Well, Barbara, I would LOVE to join your challenge and end up with my book finished, but my year is already full. I'm going to Aspen, CO at the end of February to wallpaper a Victorian house. The money earned from this trip will pay for my and my daughter's trip to England, Scotland and Wales in July, when her choir tours there for a vocal competition. Between this and the Christmas vacation I just took to visit my aging ( and beginning to fail) parents, I am pretty tapped out of vacation time and funds for anything like what you are proposing. Since I am good at doing things when I can fit them in around the other demands of my schedule, I hope you will be taking copious notes and figuring out how to turn this into your next best selling self-guided book that starts where I am and ends with a finished manuscript. Retreats to Georgia are just beyond the resources of my time and budget right now. All the best, Lyn
urbanpioneer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:44 pm

Lyn, you can always start small with a page at 43 things dot com where you list your goals then progress to a blog when you have more time. Fifteen minutes a week on your book is a small step that would be possible I would imagine.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Next

Return to Success Stories